CHAPTER - 12

I exit from the kitchen carrying two bowls full of dry fruits

I exit from the kitchen carrying two bowls full of dry fruits. Keeping the bowls on the table I clap my hands. "Have this!" I exclaim and settle on a chair.

But Avni, Navya, and Niam are too busy with Clay. Seems like Avni and Niam are making Cars while Navya keeps watching them as she plays with a small round of clay which Avni gave her to keep her quiet from asking thousands of questions.

Bebe, Mom, and Ria left the very next day we came back from the case. Though I wanted them to stay here but then Ria will also stay here so unwillingly they had to leave and unwillingly I stood quiet and let them leave.

The day we came back was memorable. We came home in the morning since I and Avni were drenched in rain the entire night we caught a cold. Mom had asked Avni and her friends to join us for breakfast. I and Avni couldn't stop but keep sneezing the entire day, Bebe rewarded us with a good amount of scoldings while Mom made soup for us. As if that was not enough Myra and Zar added their teasing glances on our way followed by Niam and Navya's laughing session at our situation. DD didn't leave the chance to embarrass me as he added, "Were you guys together last night? I mean only you two caught a cold while Zar and Myra are all fine."

I glared at him but Avni's blushing face somehow cooled me down. Everyone was happy except, Ria. As if I care about her.

That night with Avni was so damn peaceful. I didn't even know what was happening, it was as if I was dreaming. Whatever happened, felt right, felt like this should happen.

It was Saturday, I came back home at 6:30. I met Myra and Zar near the elevator who stated they are going to someone's marriage, Avni had once mentioned she doesn't attain marriages because she finds it boring. She feels that the brides cry for no reason, her point of view is like marry when you are happy. Few days before marriage they enjoy all the ceremony, they engage in shopping and on the day of the wedding they realize, 'Oh, I am leaving my parents!'

Reaching my flat I notice Avni, Navya, and Niam planning to have fun. I have no interest in clay and stuff so I just thought to watch them.

"Niam, is this fine?" Avni questions as she shows some shapes made out of clay.