CHAPTER - 50

"How are you?" Neela maa looked at me as she got out of her car

"Good." I shrug. "What about you?"

We are both coming from our Office and she has come to visit Avni.

"As long as my daughter is fine, I am fine."

"Right!" I nod with a smile.

"I am glad you both are working out everything and I'm thankful to you for understanding her."

"You know you shouldn't thank." I shake my head. "I'm her husband."

"I know." She nodded. "As a mother, it means a lot to me because a part of me stressed what if it didn't work out." She looks down then back at me.

"Sometimes arrange marriages fail you know and if it would have happened with you guys then I would blame myself for not choosing the right partner for my daughter."

"We understood each other so there was no way we will fail. I won't let us fail." I say honestly. "And it is not about what type of marriage it is or who chooses, it's about how they work out. If they want to make it happen they will."

"Now, I get it how Avni fell so hard for you." She laughed slowly.

I grin proudly.

"What do you think Rayan is up to?" She looked at me seriously.

"I have no idea!" I blow out. "I just want to meet him and make him pay for making her cry." My jaws clench as I recall how much she cried.

"Be careful with whatever you do." She frowned at me. "Think before doing anything."

"I will."

We walk in and as usual, the living room is filled with giggles. My heart fills with joy as I watch Avni laughing along with my family. Alia is sitting on the single couch busy with her phone. Mom and Avni are talking and laughing seeing something. Bebe is engrossed reading something.

"Avni." Neela maa called out.

"Maa!" She exclaimed happily and Neela maa bent to hug her. She's 20 weeks pregnant now. Need a maa greeted mom and Bebe.