CHAPTER - 40

My office room is filled with silence, the only sound can be heard is Avni's muttering to herself as she phases in the middle of the room

Sara, Foziah, and DD are settled across from me on the couches as they wait for the argument to end between us so that we all have lunch but seems like lunchtime is going to be ruined in our argument.

DD looks away from me promptly when I glare at him. The reason for this argument is DD! Outrageous!

VRP Company had two deals with us one was successfully destroyed by Mr. Pandit while I destroyed the other, I don't regret it, I just feel satisfied for professionally hurting him though personally is still balance.

Everything was fine until I and Avni reached my office, DD chose the exact time to enter and blurted all the risks we might obtain by failing in this deal. While I'm attempting a way to get over this risk, Avni is furious at me for not reckoning once before discontinuing the deal. She's presumably worried about the models who can be rejected if we don't get a designer on time. I know she's also worried about the risk Khanna Corporations would encounter when we fall in this fashion show.

Maria, she is the designer of Khanna Corporations but she being 5 months pregnant has made her moody and sick. She's on leave for the next few months, she is working here from the starting so I can't remove her even if I want because she has been doing really well since the beginning.

I wish she had left some designs here. This fashion show is a competition between many companies, VRP Company and Khanna Corporations had chosen to combine since they had a scarcity of models. I know it was like a slap on Mr. Pandit's face when I discontinued the deal, I know I should be sad about it but I'm satisfied. Not entirely, but still, I am.

"Why don't you listen to me? Make a call, fix this deal." Avni shouted at me as she threw her hands in the air, annoyedly. I shake my head then fix my gaze back at the screen.

"Stop ignoring me, think about it, Neil. This may cause business enmity. Each model may have some goal to be achieved by performing the fashion show, not everyone is good at accepting rejection."