CHAPTER - 48

"Hey, man

"Hey, man. How's married life?" I fist bump Asad as he gets out of his car.

"It's awesome." He laughs as he looks behind me.

"Foziah left," I say to him. "Just a few minutes ago."

"Are you serious? I asked her to wait for a few minutes." He shakes his head. "She drives me crazy."

I laugh. "That is called wife."

He laughs with me as he calls her and goes a little away to talk. I unlock my car as I remind myself Avni is waiting.

As I am about to enter in I watch Sara walking to her car. I frown, there is never a time she is silent. She has mischievousness in her eyes every time and whenever she sees me she makes sure to call me CM and pass some comments or anything.

"Hey, RK," I call her out loud. I know calling her that would make her roll her eyes but instead, she looks at me and gives a sad smile.

"What's wrong?" I ask her out of concern.

"I need some rest." She shrugs.

"Hello, tiny winy girl." Asad comes back, I know that makes her shout at him but she smiles back.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to pick your sister for a date and she says she needs a shower before anything so she is at home." He rolls his eyes.

"Hey, you okay?" He asks noticing her acting a bit weird.

"You can share you know." I walk towards her and Asad follows me, we stand on either side of her as we wait for her to say something.

"I fucked up." She exhales. "After Fouzy's marriage, I felt lonely at home there was no one fighting over silly things so I made this habit of going to an ice cream bar."

"I met a guy there a week before Christmas and he came each day. The first day he took the parcel and went and we just shared introduction as we waited to pay."

"From next day he used to eat ice cream there only and I know he wasn't so ice cream lover because he didn't eat more than one."

"It didn't take me long to understand where this would lead and I thought it was a nice distraction. I knew that it wouldn't work because I didn't have any feelings for him but I wanted to give it a try and find out where I can go with him. We shared the contact numbers and we talked at night for three days and he invites me to his Christmas party. First I wasn't sure if I want to go but then again I thought I need to give it a try and I agreed to be his date."