CHAPTER - 35

Putting the nuptial chain around my neck Neil filled my hairline

Putting the nuptial chain around my neck Neil filled my hairline. My eyes close as I feel his fingertips on my hairline.

Soon the priest declares us as husband and wife. I glimpse at my nuptial chain, my heart flickers as I feel Neil gripping my hand.

Did I ever mention his touch passes goosebumps in my body yet I feel delighted?

Tilting my head I look at him, with a small squeeze on my hand he gave me a soft smile. I just stare into his eyes which are so deep.

The hall fills with cheers forcing me to look away from him. He assisted me down the four stairs as we approach elders to take their blessings.

Bebe gave us a long life together with blessing. My mother-in-law gave me a tight hug as she blessed us both. I was kind of emotional when my father-in-law blessed me and gave warm smile. He carries that fatherly love in his eyes and gestures.

I stare at Neela maa as we stood in front of her, blinking her tears she passed me a smile. I know that's a genuine one, she might feel emotional for letting me go but she's happy I'm starting a new phase of my life. I and Neil bent to touch her feet as Neela maa gave her blessings.

Keeping her hand on my cheek she glanced at Neil, "Take care of her."

In return, Neil just encircled his arm around my shoulder, "Always!" He uttered slowly, his words hold a silent promise.

"I'll be fine." I look at Neela maa before hugging her.

I thought I'm not going to cry because I have been away from maa before as well. Studying abroad was not an easy decision but I did it. So marrying and staying in the same city wouldn't be as horrible as going abroad. But still, I'm emotional, there are no tears in my eyes but I'm emotional.

Before I know it, it's time to leave for my new home with my new family. Everything feels so real yet unreal. Hours ago I entered in as Ms. Avni  Pareikh and now I'm moving out as Mrs. Avni Khanna.

"You alright?" Neil whispered as we walk out. One thing that's been constant is Neil's hand in mine. Not that I complain, I like the feel of his hand on mine.