Alone at Last

After the bombshell from yesterday I tried to talk to Jacob, but he went out right after dinner and then this morning he was up and out at work before I had even got out of my bed. He was avoiding us all I knew it, clearly hurting over this more than he wanted to let on.

I also fought the urge to call Bobby, I even half dialled his number last night but I knew it wouldnt be right I cant use him as a shoulder to cry on and as a confidant and then just have Dutch as my sexual plaything. If he is going to be my boyfriend he should be the whole package.

Melinda and Henry stayed over last night, I had to set the little boy up in one of the guest bedrooms which I assume will be his bedroom eventually. He seems to open up to me and I want him to be comfortable and settled here even if I still feel funny about it, its not his fault.

I go downstairs to find the 3 of them sitting around the table having breakfast like a picture perfect family and my heart hurts seeing them like that. Where do me and Jacob fit in this picture now? and I'm guessing this is why Jacob was up and out early to avoid scenes like this.

I grab some coffee and toast not feeling much like eating now, plus I feel really worked up over the day me and Dutch have planned. I know what is going to happen today and my stomach is just doing crazy flip flops when I think about it.

My dad notices that I'm not really speaking and I'm just picking at my toast.

"Honey are you ok?" Oh no he thinks I'm being funny about him and Melinda which is like only half of my issue.

"Um yeah" I've got to give him something  "Um ive got a date today, and I just really like him so feel a bit  nervous." I look up trying to gauge a reaction from the two of them.

"A date? I didnt know that you were dating?" My dad says, Melinda puts a hand on top of his to stop him talking.

"That's wonderful, Marissa, is he a boy from school?" I can see she is trying to get on my side.

"No, I've just been introduced to him through a mutual friend, he will be here soon so I'm going to get ready?"

"Hmmmm. Well I want to meet him young lady? See if he is good enough for you?"

"Oh daddy, you know no one will ever be good enough for me" I say smiling at him sweetly. "But seriously you cant meet him yet, it's too early but if I see more of him then of course I'll want him to meet you guys, even Jacob doesn't know about him yet."

"That's understandable honey, and you dont want to embarrass her on her first date, you and Jacob will scare the poor boy off. Where is he taking you nice today?" Melinda adds.

"I think he said something about golf n stuff I think that's the go to date place for people around here." I say lying. "Right I better go get ready as he is picking me up at 10."

"That will be nice, well make sure you are back for dinner as Melinda is cooking for us tonight."

Little does he know I will definitely be back by then as we have to beat Jacob home from work.

I head upstairs to get ready I take a shower and then try and tame my curly mane. I put on matching black lacy underwear, no mis-matching any old bits will do today. I then put on a black slip dress with fringed edges, my cowboy boots and grab my purple fringed wrap to go with it. I put on my chains, crosses and bangles, just a slick of mascara and lip gloss and I'm done.