February 10: (Psalm 118:5)

"Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free."
~Psalm 118:5 ESV

Comment:
God is always with us. Even when we are not in distress, He watches over us. I find this to be such a comfort and an encouragement because I know that wherever I am, at whatever time, I can cry out to the Lord and He will hear my voice!

How great is our God! Isn't it just so heartwarming to know that He will never turn away from us, no matter how grievous our sin may be?

In this world, we have grown accustomed to having conditional love. People we once loved can turn their backs on us in an instant and forget we ever existed because of something we did and they found hard to forgive.

But such a thing is not so with our great, great, God. He will love us no matter how deeply we have dug ourselves in the pit. He will love us no matter how distressed or undeserving we feel. His love toward us is unconditional.

There is so much joy in my heart when I think of how much God has done for me. For all His children. He has no reason to redeem us after we have sinned against Him all our lives.

God still chose to adopt us as His own children! Even though we are far from perfect, His mercy is abundant toward us and He sees our sins no more! When God saves us, we are wiped clean and our past sins are just that. They are in the past and God remembers them not!

The Lord is abundant with His mercy and He is unconditional with His love!!!

~Lily (lilyflower1603)