February 7: (John 10:10)

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly."
~John 10:10 ESV

Comment:
The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy the lives of those who are dedicated to serving God. Can you guess of whom I am speaking?

It's Satan. His goal for this world is to destroy God's creation and his main targets are us. The children of his Enemy. He will do everything in his power to cause us to be complacent, discouraged, and distracted in our walk of faith and so far, he has done a successful job.

As sad as it is to say it, it is the truth. Christians in America today have become too comfortable in their materialism and luxuries to the point where God has just become nothing but someone whom they offer lip service to on Sunday mornings.

That isn't what Christianity is! Christianity is so much more than organized Sunday morning and Wednesday night services. Being a Christian involves arming ourselves for battle. Real Christianity is recognizing how Satan is infiltrating the church, stealing joy from the hearts of believers and we must stand up against it!

Being a Christian means having to be constantly on guard for attacks from the enemy! He will poke and prod you. He will attack you in your weakest points. He will fill you with doubts and fears.

Do you know what you must do in retaliation? You've gotta rise from the floor and with the authority of Jesus' name, remind the devil whose child you are! You have to remind him that your joy comes solely from the Lord and there is no attack he can muster that will cause your faith to be killed or destroyed.

We must rise above our complacency and ready ourselves for battle with the full armor of God. (Ephesians 6:10-18)

We must recognize in what ways the devil has deceived us and reject it. We must replace those lies with the truths of God's word!

Lily (lilyflower1603)