February 6: (Psalm 8:4-5)

"What is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him? Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor."
~Psalms 8:4-5

Comment:
Why does God care for us when our natural inclinations are to rebel against Him? Why does He offer us the chance to be washed clean when our dirty hearts are tainted with stains that mark us as unredeemable? What makes us think that we are worthy of His merciful love?

We aren't worthy. We are a rebellious, selfish, stained people who are destined for eternal damnation and yet, God created us only a little lower than the angels. If that doesn't show testimony to God's mercy and grace toward us, I don't know what does.

He has done so many things for us. Gifted us with the Holy Spirit, adopted us into His family, cleansed us of our pass sins, and, most importantly, God sent His only Son to take death in our place! More evidence of Him giving us the grace and mercy we do not deserve!

This just makes me want to thank God right here and right now! Join me! Join me in giving thanks to our God who has crowned our undeserving and unworthy heads with forgiveness, grace, mercy, glory, and honor!

He has done so much for us and we can't even spare a few minutes in our busy days to praise Him. Stop right now and thank Him! Stop right now and praise Him just for being who He is! He is so worthy of it!

~Lily (lilyflower1603)