February 4: (Proverbs 10:9)

"Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but he who makes his ways crooked will be found out."
   ~Proverbs 10:9 ESV

Comment:
My mother always tells us, "Your sin will find you out." Oddly enough, that statement is very true. Whenever I think back to an area in my life where I was harboring sin, I never fully got away with concealing it. I may have been successful in the beginning, but eventually, I ended up being caught.

You probably have had situations like that in your life, too. As you go back and connect all the dots, you'll realize that sin was never your secret confidant. It always found a way of ratting you out. Even if it is just a tiny little thing, sin will always expose itself.

So do you know what this means? It means that that little voice in your head that tells you, "You won't get caught. Nobody will know," is lying to you. That voice is the voice of the demonic. It tempts you, luring you into it's deceptive trap. That demonic spirit wants to see you fail. That demonic spirit wants to see you turn your back on God and indulge in your lusts in that moment. The desires of the flesh would be so much easier to overcome if we didn't have demons enticing us and deceiving us into giving in to our desires.

So, what do we do when faced with this situation? We are God fearing Christians who desire to walk on the secure path of integrity. What do we do when we are tempted with the desire to sin?

When you begin to hear the voice of enticement and allurement, begin to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Audibly speak aloud and remind the deceivers that you are a born again child of the Most High. Remind them that you are no longer subject to sin and cast them out with the authority of the name of Jesus.   Cast them out and humble yourself before our merciful Father.

Lily (lilyflower1603)