February 2: (2 Chronicles 20:15)

"And he said, "Listen, all Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat: Thus says the Lord to you, 'Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde, for the battle is not yours but God's.'"
~2 Chronicles 20:15

Comment:
In this 2 Chronicles story, the kingdom of Judah is on the brink of siege under the hands of the Moabites and Ammonites. It's here that you'll notice one thing. Jehoshaphat, the king, doesn't run and retreat away from the danger. Yes, he was afraid and had no idea what to do, but he took that fear and brought it straight before the Lord.

He trusted and had faith in the Lord and the Lord said, "Don't be afraid of this threat. I will take care of it and I will fight for you."

This verse carries an encouragement and a reminder that we should never let ourselves forget. When we think we can do everything ourselves and by our power, we become weary, burned out, tired, and depressed.

It's when we reach that point that we must remember Who our ultimate Strength is and bring everything we cannot bear before Him. We must release it into His hand.

Starting today, right now, take the mindset of Jehoshaphat, adopt it as your own and starting living your life based on faith and trust instead of burnout and depression.

God is never too far out for you to reach Him. He will never cast you away because of your stains. Trust Him in all things and your reward will be great!

~Lily (lilyflower1603)