February 3: (Proverbs 16:9)

"The heart of man plans his way but the Lord establishes his steps."
~Proverbs 16:9

Comment:
We all make plans. It's what we do every day. We do it so often that sometimes we do it without properly thinking it over and regret it when the time comes to fulfill them.

Making plans is how our lives function. We wake up with "What do I have to do today?" already on our minds. But let me ask you a question. Does your busy schedule allow for some personal time with God? Do your plans involve taking time to talk to Him?

You see, there is something we tend to forget about God. Our plans for our lives differ from His plans for our lives. We may want to pursue a certain path, but God may want something completely different for us. But how can we know what God wants for us?

The answer is simple and easy in words, but not so simple and easy to act out. Pursue God.

If you want to know what God wants for you, you first have to know who He is. You can't know His will for your life if you don't have a relationship with Him. In order to do that, you must delve into His word. Study who He is in the Bible. Speak to Him in prayer. Talk to other Christians who have already gone down that path.

Pursue God! That's all I can say. If you want to know God's desire for you, follow Him with your whole heart!

~Lily (lilyflower1603)