Sweet Smiles

The next few days for Izuku were uneventful, minus the occasional person catching him, ensuing in a long bloody chase where he quite literally ran for his life. But other than that the days were quite repetitive, he would wake up, eat occasionally, stare at the finger in his bag, think about it till his head hurt, get out of the alley, pickpocket rich folks, then he would walk till he was dead on his feet and sleep in a nearby alleyway.

This day was no different, he followed his new routine, but mid-day he asked himself why he was still doing this. He had enough money from them, and yet he kept doing it, was it for the feeling of life, or the adrenaline pumping through his veins. And so, Instead of the following routine, he decided to go on a grocery run. He walked into a local supermarket and immediately went to the self-care isles, he grabbed a few soap bars and some more medicine, recently the headaches he gets while thinking about the finger were getting worse. He then grabbed a jar and some products to make some DIY formaldehyde. Next, he went to the clothing section and grabbed some more hoodies and dark warm clothing. Finally, he found some non-perishable foods and added them to the pile.

When he reached the checkout he pulled his hoodie down and greeted the old woman at the register. She had a sweet smile and crow's feet from years of happy memories, and she smelt of chamomile tea and rain. It was peaceful, she asked him in a soft voice, "Hello dear, how are you today?", he was surprised someone was talking o him, much less such a kind sweet soul. 'She wouldn't talk to us if she knew what you did' Oh great the voice was back-

"I-I'm well Miss, T-Thank you for asking. How are y-you?", Izuku tried his best to smile under the medical mask he wore, even though she content to see it. Despite that, the woman's smile widened and the calming waves of peace radiating from the old woman increased ten-fold. "Such a kind young man, I'm doing quite well today. And thank you for asking, not a lot of people respond so sweetly like you." She finished ringing up his items and told him his total. He handed the sweet lady his money, "Thank you, Miss." He once again smiled at her. The woman responded happily, "No need to be so formal dear, you can call me Gran." Izuku blushed, "O-Okay Thank you G-Gran". " I hope you come back soon deary, have a good day!" She smiled and waved as he walked to the doors, "Y-You too!"

And With a new friend and some groceries, Izuku returned to the alley he woke up in and fell asleep. Peacefully dreaming of chamomile tea and sweet smiles.

(AN- Sorry this chapters a little short, I wanted to throw in a fluffy filler, but I didn't have any planned, so this is a little thrown together.)

510 Words