Not Jealous

Raven

"They're here! Wait, no." Mark leaned against the window, peering out. "Yeah, it's them. Here's Ali now. I don't know whose car that is."

Sure enough, Ali bounced through the door, running into the living room. "Hi!" She exclaimed, giving each one of us a hug.

"Look, Raven!" She spun around, hands out to her sides, to show me her outfit. Today she sported a yellow skirt, some black boots, and a white shirt with glittery sunflowers all over it and the phrase 'you are my sunshine'.

"Cute." I told her. Ali grinned as she looked around. 

"I know. Where's Kate? Kate!" Ali called.

Kate came running in, and the two girls stopped to survey each other. Kate had on yellow leggings with a soft white shirt, sporting an embroidered sunflower.

"We match, Ali." Kate said.

Ali's smile was brighter than her outfit. "Awesome. Come on!" She grabbed Kate's hand, pulling her away to play.

"Hey, there's a girl!" Mark announced. Kenny moved over to the window.

"Yeah, that's Sara. At least I think so." He commented. Kenny went to sit down again before freezing. "What's happening?"

"They're talking...talking..woah." I looked up at Mark.

"What? What's happening?" I refused to go up to the window, but I needed to know.

"Jonah hugged her. Like, initiated contact with her." Mark answered.

Oh. I leaned back on the couch, suddenly less interested.

"Still hugging." Mark annotated. "Still hugging. Wow. Still hugging."

"Here." Kenny handed me his phone. "That's Sara."

I looked carefully at the picture. She's pretty - long red hair with yellow at the ends, bright blue eyes, a nice smile. She looks maybe a year or so older than me.

I softened my grip on the phone, fighting the sudden urge to throw it.

"Still hugging? Yup. Still." Mark wasn't helping. "Oh, wait, the hugging stopped."

Finally.

"They're talking...oh!" Mark exclaimed. He took a picture on his phone.

"What?" I asked, irritated.

Kenny looked back at me with an amused expression. "Sara hugged him."

"Again?" Johnathan never did this sort of thing. What's so special about her?

"Yes?" Kenny replied. "Okay, they're talking. I think she's leaving. Yeah. Okay. She's pulling out, he's watching...oh, he's making sure she gets out okay. The driveway can be tricky. He's turning this way - oh that's nice. He's smiling."

"He's moving fast." Mark mumbled. "Crap, move, move, move!"

He shoved Kenny back to get away from the window, sending him to the floor. Kenny reached up for his phone, and I handed it over as we watched Mark grab a random book and open it just as Johnathan walked in.

Upside down. He opened it upside down.

I watched as Johnathan's eyes went from Mark to Kenny, and then flicked to the window.

"Don't you have more interesting things to do than spy on me?" he asked them.

Johnathan sat down next to me with a smile. "Hey."