A personal tour guide

Raven

Mark led me out the door, supposedly in the direction of my first period. I honestly had no idea where we were going, so just understand this is blind trust here. But he seems sure enough.

We were walking...and not talking. At all. I know, I know, not a big deal. Except...well, I don't do well during silence. It gives me too much time to think. So, unfortunately, I tend to just start rambling nonsense. Which, after lasting maybe 10 seconds, I did.

"So, I guess you've been here a while, right?" I asked. "I mean, since you know your way around and everything. Of course it's junior year, and so you've had two years to walk around the place. Not that two years seems like enough, because seriously, do you know how many buildings this school has? Way too many. I didn't actually count, but that map makes absolutely no sense. None. I'm going to need, like, a personal tour guide for the next two months to even find my classes, so actually it's pretty impressive that you know where my classes are and yours. I meant to thank you for that, by the way. For helping me find my next class. Though I might have already said thanks, but even if I did, it's never hurts to say thank you, right? So, thank-" I got cut off when he burst out laughing. Oh, no.

He was slightly bent, he was laughing so hard. He straightened up, smiling and shaking his head. "I'm sorry, it's just -" he seemed to be trying very hard not to laugh anymore. "I think this must be what it's like to be friends with me." He waved his hand towards the door. "Your next class."

I blushed. Ugh, and it had just gone down, too. "Thank you, and...sorry for talking your ear off."

Mark looked amused. "Oh, don't apologize. I'll repay you when you sit with me at lunch." He winked at me, and I laughed. This boy was full of charm, and I'm pretty sure he knew it. He glanced at the name above the door, and his eyes lit up again. "And now I think I can produce your tour guide." He walked in the classroom, dropping his bag at the door.

I walked in behind him. My tour guide? The blush got worse as I realized he had actually been listening to my nonstop nonsense. "Wait, is this your class?" I asked. He turned around.

"No...not mine. I have a friend. He's great. You'll see." Having scanned the classroom, he was now watching the door. He frowned, and checked his phone before nodding to himself and returning his gaze to the door. Apparently he found the person he was looking for, because his smile came back in full force and he looked back at me. "It isn't my class...but it is his." he headed towards this mystery person.

I turned and saw him talking to the boy from the office. Great. Because this was sure to work out for me. The guy who couldn't find his way out of the doorway was going to know where all my classes were. I walked towards them, noting that Mark was talking fast and the other boy wasn't talking at all, glancing between Mark and I, and looking confused. I stopped when his expression turned to annoyed. Then again with the glancing. Then, finally, he nodded.

"Great!" Mark said. He turned to me. "It's settled. Jonah's going to help you out, it was great to meet you, and I've got to go. I'll see you at lunch." He went out the door, picking his bag up on the way.

And then I was left with the boy, who's name I still didn't know, standing by the door. He didn't look too happy about it.

Thank you, Mark. The little voice said sarcastically. Thank you so, so much.

Well, at the very least today would be interesting.