Loyal

D e v y n .

I let the final curl fall into place and smiled at my reflection.

I looked over at Olivia and shook my head. She had on the tightest damn dress, looking like The Wayans brothers in White Chicks.

"You're seriously gonna wear that? Can you even breathe?" I asked pulling on my sandals and spraying my body fragrance onto me.

"As long as I look sexy, I really don't care about being comfortable." She replied sliding into high heels.

"It's only August ... He's not some God from heaven. You don't need to go all above and beyond for some damn regular ass celebrity." I rolled my eyes. I kept it simple - jeans, a short sleeve button down, and a pair of sandals. We were only going out to dinner, wasn't like we were going to the BET Awards or some shit like that.

"Only August my ass..." Olivia mumbled , rolling her eyes. "You know damn well that man is one of the FINEST men in the music industry. He is so sexy, and has the perfectest-"

"Bitch 'perfectest' isn't a word." I shook my head.

"So? You get the point." She replied.

I laughed as my phone began to ring. I looked at the caller ID and shook my head. I answered the phone with a chuckle. "You saved your name as Daddy Aug with heart eye emojis and the eggplant emoji. I'm so done with you."

"Well, I saved Ya name as 'Future Baby Mama' with ... You'on wanna know which emojis I used fa you." He laughed.

"I can't stand you." I shook my head smiling. "Are you done shooting?"

"You know you can't get enough of this yungin'. But yeah I was gonna shower and shit then head on ova to the restaurant." He explained.

"Wait." I laughed. "Don't say shower and shit without a pause or something because I pictured you showering and literally taking a shit." I was doubled over laughing as that image popped into my mind.

"It ain't e'en funny man. You know what I meant, but if you picturing a nigga ina shower, you can come join me. There's always room fa one mo." He said, his voice dropping a few octaves.

I stopped myself from biting my lip at his offer. "I'll see you at the restaurant nasty ass."

"Byeee baaaybeh mamaaaa." He sang teasingly. I hung up and put my phone in my back pocket. I looked over and Olivia was practically shooting lasers at me with her eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"Hmmm nothing." She replied.

I hope she doesn't get all salty and shit because Aug and I are developing a friendship. This wouldn't be the first time she got jealous of my relations with a man. It's not my fault she comes off psychotic instead of chilling and keeping calm like I tell her to. It's all sad really, she should stop acting like a little ass fan girl and act like a woman who can handle her self.

-

We sat at a booth sipping our frozen margaritas when Aug walked into the restaurant. He had another guy following behind him and when I took a closer look, I nearly fell out of my seat. I heard Olivia gasp beside me.

"Is that ..." She whispered .

"Mhm." I replied.

Aug walked over to us and sent me a big grin. "Ladies, Ya' know my brutha Chris?"

I masked my excitement with a reserved smile and shook his hand. "Yes, I've heard of him." I fought the urge to bite my lip as he brought my hand up to his lips and kissed it softly. "This is my friend Olivia." I added as she did a little pout beside me.