Bad Decisions

A u g u s t .

"Puff. Puff. Pass. Nigga, ya fuckin' up rotation." I shook my head, snatching the blunt from Chris.

"Rotation been fucked up since Dev big headed ass joined the circle." Chris laughed swinging his arm over Dev shoulder.

"Lies. All fucking lies. This is a triangle anyways." Dev pouted, crossing her arms.

The three of us were chilling in the studio after Trey left to take ol' girl home. We had over 8 boxes of Wing Stop on the table. I had stretched out in a chair while Chris and Dev shared the couch.

"You know, y'all are really tolerable when you're high. I should get y'all high all the time." Dev grinned.

"Shut up." Chris replied thumping her on the forehead. "A nigga get horny when weed is involved and we've already said you're like my lil annoying ass sister." He smirked. "But all rules are thrown out when I'm high." He pulled Dev closer.

I felt a weight fall from my shoulders as Chris told Dev he only looked at her as a sister. Even though Dev and I ain't recover completely from all that drama, I'm glad she ain't smashing the homie.

My phone buzzed and I pulled it out of my pocket. I smacked my lips as I read the message .

---

From : Olivia

We need to talk asap. Its important. 👶🏾

----

I wan'ed ta scream at the fuckin' baby emoji. Can't this bitch get a fuckin' hint. Gah damn.

I stood up and adjusted my pants. "I'ya see yaw lata." They stood up too.

"Yeah, we was finna head out too." Chris explained.

We said our good byes and I left.

I swear to God if she come at me with some bullshit I'ma catch a fuckin' case.

I pulled up and got out. God was on my side because I broke a few traffic laws and didn't get pulled over. I would've been all over social media if I got arrested while under the influence.

Before I made it all the way up the porch, Olivia was already opening the door. I walked in and went into the living room. I sat in a single chair and watched as she sat on the couch and nervously played with her necklace.

"Make this quick." I said leaning back.

She sighed. "I went to the doctor. She gave me a pregnancy test." She bit down on her lip and looked at me through her lashes. "I'm pregnant." She picked up an envelope from the coffee table and passed it to me.

I didn't grab it. I just looked at her. "Congratulations. I'ya send you a balloon." I made a move to get up.

"It's yours!" She began to sob like a baby. I mean there was snot running all down her nose and her face was getting bright red. I scrunched up my nose and looked at her. Was she serious? I shook my head and stood.

"Okay. Look, when the baby is born we can get a DNA test. Until then, don't call me, text me, any of that shit. I told you once that I didn't feel you no mo. You can be as pregnant as you want, that ain't gone make me love you." I ran my hands through my hair and stood.

"But -"

I walked around her and left. I ain't wanna hear none of that shit. I got into my car and pulled off. My fingers tightening around the steering wheel.

What the fuck have I gotten myself into?

I pulled over on the side of the road and sat back. I picked up my phone and contemplated whether or not I should call Dev.

Maybe I shouldn't. It'd be best to leave her alone.

My fingers ultimately hit the contacts icon and I called the only other person I could go to in a situation like this.

D e v y n .

I pulled into my driveway and my eyebrows instantly rose. Trey's car was waiting in front of my house and Tremaine was sitting on my porch.

I got out and grabbed my work stuff. I locked my car and walked up the porch. Tremaine stood as I walked passed him. I unlocked the door and motioned for him to come in without a word. He followed.

I sat my things on the kitchen table and grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator. Once I took a generous amount, I walked into the living room and sat in the chair across from Tremaine.

"Why are you here?" I asked crossing my arms.

"I wanted to talk to you. See where I stand." He replied.

I laughed. "You don't stand any where that concerns me. We didn't discuss whatever the fuck we had together. You were feeling that girl from the studio anyway." I shook my head. "Probably fucked her before you came here any way." I added under my breath.

"Wait... Shorty was only there because she said if I ain't take her out she would tell people about my baby mama Kelly. I wasn't really feeling her, it was all a show." He explained. "She wanted to fuck, but I left and came straight over here."

"That's all great, but this is all too much. I've had way too much drama for my liking. First with Aug, now with you. I'm far from perfect as it is, and with the added amount of baggage you bring, that's just not for me..." I released my hair from the rubber band and ran my fingers through it. "I gotta stop living in a fairy tale world. I expect too much. I give my all to temporary people."

"I get it." He stood. "I genuinely apologize for this. We'll go back to not knowing each other?"

"Impossible. Chris and Aug obviously like my company, and you and Chris have a video shoot with my girls.. We can be cordial. I'll be fine." I shrugged.

"Okay." He agreed. "Bye Dev."

I waved.

Once he was gone, I made my way to the bedroom. I flopped onto the bed on my stomach and groaned into the pillow.

What happened to not needing a man and focusing on your career Dev? You let one celebrity ease into your life and his entire entourage has made a permanent VIP section in your life.

Along this journey, I lost a person I thought was trustworthy. Ollie and I were like Beans N Cornbread. I trusted her, and look where that got me.

I need to take a step back. I need to find myself again because this shit I'm doing now isn't working for me.

--