Angel

D e v y n

"Damn Dev. You get bigger every time I see you."

"I hate you."

"I'm only joking." Chris rubbed at my huge belly. "Aye lil man, I know you gon' have all the hoes when you finally make it into the world."

"Don't tell him things like that." I laughed.

"It's true, Uncle Chris gon' have him all in the strip clubs. We'a both get the hoes." He laughed.

"Never leaving you alone with my baby." I shook my head.

We stopped at the ice cream booth and Chris bought me an ice cream.

"So, you been good?" He asked as we walked back to my office.

"Yeah. I'm at a point where I'm happy. Doing my own thing, transitioning my business to something more family oriented." I licked at the double scoops of chocolate ice cream.

"Have you talked to August?" He asked.

"Not really. I send him copies of my sonograms, but that's about it." I shrugged.

"No hard feelings between y'all?"

"No Christopher. I have no problems with him. I've moved on and so has he." I huffed. We neared my office as a pain shot through my stomach. I dropped my ice cream cone and cradled my stomach in my hands. I felt a warm liquid slide down my thigh.

"I paid good money for that ice cream, you better pay me back for-"

"Can you shut the hell up?! My water just broke!" I screamed.

"Oooh shit. Oh shit." He panicked. "What do I do?"

I took a few calming breaths. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and dialed Rachel's number.

"Yes Miss Rose?" She asked immediately after answering.

"My water broke and I need you to call Michael and August and let them know Chris is taking me to the hospital." I made sure to keep my breathing calm.

"Yes ma'am."

I hung up and grabbed Chris' hand. "Take me to the hospital unless you want me to give birth in the backseat of that Ferrari."

He literally picked me up off my feet and jogged the distance to his car and carefully put me in. He probably broke a few traffic laws during the trip to the hospital.

My nerves were all alert. My mind going into over drive. My baby boy is coming early. I still had six more weeks before my due date and I was completely terrified. What if my baby isn't fully developed? What if-

"Dev don't cry, it'll be okay." Chris said comfortingly as we pulled into the emergency room entrance and two nurses stood waiting for me with a wheel chair.

Chris opened my door and the three of them made sure I was comfortable in the wheel chair. After that, everything went by in a blur. Questions were thrown at me left and right as I was wheeled into a room. They helped my get into the ugly hospital gown and made sure I was comfortable.

"We'll monitor the time of your contractions." Nurse Su explained.

"When they become 2 to 3 minutes apart, we will take you down to the delivery room." Nurse Janet added.

I nodded and sat back. They walked out, and Chris, Michael and Rachel walked in.

"Hi beautiful." Michael said sitting a vase of flowers on the bedside table. I smiled as Chris rolled his eyes.