Wait a Minute

( Not the epilogue, some of y'all comments sorta kinda made me change the ending. So yeah. It's not over. 😭 Don't hate me )

C h r i s

"You not gon' be a lil bitch and cry during Dev wedding right?" I asked Aug as we glanced in the mirror once more.

"Nah. Even though I wish it was me she would end up with." He shrugged.

Today was Dev's wedding, her lil bill head ass been getting on everybody nerves about this wedding.

Although she resembled a fly, buzzing around everybody and just being annoying, I'm glad she's happy.

Aug and I heard commotion outside the bathroom. I gave the universal sign for "Shut the hell up, and let's be nosy." Aug and I slowly walked to the door and leaned against it to hear what was going on.

"The transaction should be final before she says 'I do'." Michael said.

"Perfect. It was nice doing business with you big brother." A very familiar female voice replied.

"I'm just glad she fell for this dumb ass act." Michael chuckled.

I pulled August away from the door and told him to be quiet until they left.

"I'll fucking kill them!" August yelled.

"We're going to need a plan. We can't let Dev marry this clown, and let him empty her bank account." I said calmly.

I got too much love for Dev. I ain't gone let this leech take all ha money. Dev is one of the most hardworking, kind people I know and I gotta help her.

"I'll get Rachel to call Dev bank. You call'a police. Tell em to keep the sirens off and just wait." I explained.

I cared so much about Dev. She took a permanent spot in my heart and I had to protect her. I can't believe this nigga snaked his way into our circle and played Dev like that. I actually trusted this nigga and I swea ta God, him and that bitch gone learn today not to fuck with the people I love.

D e v y n

I stood outside the doors. My heart beating a mile a minute as the music began to play, and Abel's voice sang beautifully. His high notes sent me to heaven and back as the doors opened and little Royalty and Aniya skipped out the door and threw flower petals onto the silk purple carpet. Purple and white was the color scheme for my wedding and as I looked around the large room, the decorators did an amazing job. It was magical, beautiful, unforgettable. My father stood beside me with a happy expression. I had nearly cried my eyes out when I saw my momma and daddy this morning. It was great of them to fly out for my wedding.

I smiled, a happy, teary eyed smile as we slowly walked down the aisle.

The minister began the ceremony. Michael smiled brightly at me as we gazed into each others eyes.

We said our vows, and I couldn't stop the continuous stream of tears.

"Before we unify this couple here today, is there anyone who objects to this marriage?" The minister asked.

The room was silent.

"I object!" Chris shouted as he stood from his seat.

"I object too." Aug stood. "Dev, this nigga playing you! All he wants is yo' money!"

My heart dropped to my stomach and I got this overwhelming nauseous feeling. I looked at Michael to see anger evident on his features.

"Come on baby, don't believe these niggas!" Michael said. "I've always been here for you."

My head began to spin as the room erupted into chaos.

"Look Dev, we heard this nigga speaking to Olivia before the wedding. They siblings and shit. They been planning to take yo money. We talked to Rachel and she called the bank and they had noticed almost half a million was being wired into another account." Chris explained.

I looked at Rachel and she nodded sadly.

Michael shook his head. "Who you think gave us the codes to Dev shit? Rachel ain't as sweet as she seems." He smirked.

My jaw dropped at the realization.

I slid off my heels, removed my veil and charged at Rachel. I grabbed her hair and pulled her down on to the ground and used my fist to hit her in her face repeatedly. "I trusted you with my fucking business and this is the shit you do?!"

I saw red.

Why couldn't I have a fucking happy ending? Why were people always trying to ruin my happiness? What did I ever do to deserve such a cruel life?

I let people get close to me and all they do is hurt me.

I can't take it anymore.

A u g u s t

"Ion see what y'all running for. The place is surrounded by police officers." I smiled at the panicked expression on Birdman face as him and Olivia tried to run away.

"Dev, let her go!" There were about four guests trying to pull Dev out of the grip she had on Rachel.

"You messed with the wrong one!" Dev shouted as Rachel broke free and ran for her life.

The room was silent as Dev composed herself.

"I'm sorry for wasting y'all time. I'll pay for your plane tickets home. Take as much food as you want." She offered. I could see the tears building up as she picked up Lil A and walked out of the room.

The room broke out into chatter.

Chris stood on the table. "Aye! I know y'all better keep Dev business private. She'on need y'all gossiping and shit about today. If I see ONE article about anything involving today, I won't hesitate in dealing with the situation physically."

The room quieted down. I left and searched for Dev. It didn't take long. Dev had taken off her wedding dress and held Lil A in her arms. Tears stained her cheeks as she allowed the baby to bounce around in her hold.

"At least I know you'll always be here for me Fat Mack."

"I'a be here for you too." I said, closing the door behind me.

She wiped at her wet cheeks. "Thanks." She sighed. "I'm so stupid."

"Nah. Nobody knew this shit would happen." I comforted. "Niggas had us all fooled."

She nodded. "Thanks for checking on me."

"You know I got chu." I smiled and pulled her close. Aiden popped his little head out between us and we laughed.

This may be my chance to make it all right, reclaim what should have been rightfully mine.

----

😭 It's almost 1am ... Does
That count as "tonight" ? Lol

I have no words. It sorta just happened. Sorry . 😭