Chapter 4- The School Incident

Diana met Sofie at the bus stop early in the morning smiling. "Hi Sof!" Sofie smiled back nervously. Diana narrowed her eyes, "What's wrong?" She curiously stared at Sofie.
"Well, something bad is going to happen today," she bit her lip, "I was messing with the loom this morning, and accidentally fell on it, so something is probably going to happen, like the incident with my brother." Diana answered with a shrug, then the bus came, so they hopped on. There were three person seats, and Sofie and Diana sat with a nosy girl in between them named Snow Winter. Unfortunately, Snow wasn't absent.
"Oh hello. Why do look nervous Soflea?" She called Sofie Soflea for fun. She also called Diana either Di Di (pronounced Die Die) or Annie, both of which Diana resented. Sofie just scowled in reply.
Diana noticed Snow's growing suspicion, and quickly lied, "she lost her favorite stuffed toy, and uh, doesn't like to talk about it." She smiled at Snow trying to be convincing. They arrived at school and walked through the doors, away from Snow.
"Oh c'mon! A stuffed toy?" Sofie smiled. Diana laughed, but when they reached the center of the school she abruptly stopped.
"Sofie," she whispered, her voice urgent, "I smell smoke, do you?" Sofie shook her head, she turned the corner towards their class, but there was a wall of flames in their way, eventually surrounding them.
"I knew something bad would happen!" Tears started sliding down Sofie's face as the flames grew and grew.
"Calm down, I'm going to throw onto the chair that isn't covered with flames." Without waiting for a reply, she threw Sofie onto the chair. Sofie stared in horror, as the flames hungrily covered where Diana was standing. But then Diana emerged from the flames perfectly fine, as if she hadn't been in fire at all. "Let's go!" They ran out the door, and saw lots of firefighters and students and teachers. They ran out right before the school exploded.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Was that too harsh? Nah, remember to check out chapter 5 in alligator333 's book! I know suspense right?!
-Diana