Chapter 30- Trying is not the answer

Diana's P.O.V.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We could burn the door down!" Diana exclaimed.

"What?! We don't even have fire!" Samantha growled.

"Said who?" Diana smiled at Samantha smugly. She lit her hands on fire and shot a giant fire ball at the door. It burst into flames and disintegrated.

"Right, wow, let's go save Sofie!" Samantha cheered.

"Correctomungo!" Diana ran out the doorway with Samantha close behind. They snuck around and heard screaming. "Well that's loud and far away! I think I can pin-point the location to teleport there!"

"Good! We should hurrying! Before the machine causes permanent damage on her!" Samantha whined.

"Riiiight, I just need some wards (I'm talking about wards from Eragon, those kind😉), gimme a second," Diana muttered something. "Alright! Now we have a friend to save!"

Diana teleported them into a broom closet. "Right, you could teleport us there! Where are we?!" Samantha snarled.

"We appear to be in a broom closet. I think we are there, just in a closet, in the room." Diana explained. She peeked out the door, and sure as day she saw Sofie screaming in a chair tied up. "I'm so glad that doesn't effect me, and that wards are protecting me," Diana mumbled. "This is hopeless, do or do not there is no try Samantha! (Ha, Yoda quote) We will get Sofie back alive!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sofie's P.O.V.

Sofie had given up hope of rescue. Diana was probably never going to come, and going to get a new best friend. "Now Sofie, I'm sure you don't want another few hundred zaps, so will you answer our questions?" Snow crooned.

"Questions? Tell them to me first, then I'll consider," Sofie groaned, not sure if she would be able to keep resisting them.

"If I must," Snow sighed, "here we go, where did Diana and her family get those creatures? Where, when, and how did you and Diana meet? Is it coincidental that you and Diana are close friends and both have powers? How much is your supposed friend Diana hiding from you? Where did you get your powers? Where did Diana get her powers? Does anyone else in your family have powers? And where is the loom of fate?" Snow ended, then muttered, "Diana's invencible! She could make Sofie invincible too! I can't let that happen."

"No! I can't tell you!" Sofie cried.

"Then we'll give you more zaps!!" Snow cackled evily.

Sofie screamed. It rang throughout the house, it reached up to a mile or ten away. "So, ready to speak?" Snow asked, ready to zap if she refused.

"Yes," Sofie whispered quietly. "I don't know where Diana got the creatures. We met when there was a wildfire. Diana was trying to help clean up. Though I secretly regrew all the trees. But now I know she caused it." A tear slid from Sofie's face to the floor. "I helped her clean up, and we became friends. It was coincidental that we both have powers, or fate. Diana is my friend, and she can't possibly be hiding anything else from me, could she?"

"She definitely could be, actually I. Can guarantee you that she is holding a boatload of secrets from you!" Snow laughed.

"She can't be!" Sofie cried, creating a puddle of tears on the floor.

"Oh but she is," Snow smiled evily, "Now on with the questions!"

"I have no idea where I got my powers! I don't know where Diana got her powers! I don't know if I even know her anymore! She seems like a total stranger now!" More tears slid to the floor. "I can't tell if anyone else in my family have powers! The Loom of Fate is...at my house."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diana's P.O.V.

Diana gasped, holding back tears. She lost trust in me, she thought, just like Snow wants her to. Diana inhaled sharply in realization. They're trying to break our friendship! Because we're stronger together... Diana flashed back to all the things she was hiding, all the terrible things she had done. It wasn't my fault, she thought, but a quiet voice in her head said, yes it was.

Diana heard Sofie cry softly to Snow telling her that Diana was never her friend. Snow laughed maniacally, then walked out the door saying, "I'll do some more torturing tomorrow! See you then!"

Diana was about to rush out to her friend. But something told her not to. Something told her that wasn't her friend. Snow and the others succeeded. They tore a friendship apart. For now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter made me really sad. Maybe it's because I know exactly the terrible past Diana had, or because I'm listening to sad music. Questions. Is their friendship lost forever. What happen? Find out in alligator333 's book once chapter 31 is up
-Diana