Chapter 6-The Steps You Take

Sofie and Diana stood back and looked at their work, the loom was hidden well, but as soon as they crept down the stairs, Sofie's dad walked to where they were.
"Sofie! Diana! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HOME ALREADY?! IM ANGRY!! Go back to school! NOW!"

Diana stifled a laugh.
Sofie nudged her to stop, "Um Dad, we can't go back to school." He narrowed eyes questioningly. "It exploded!!!"

He looked at them wide eyed.
"What?! How?! That couldn't happen!" He started spinning in circles, arms flailing angrily.

Sofie opened her mouth guiltily, then Diana quickly cut in, "They aren't sure how it happened, so we went home to escape the..uh...falling ash! She pointed at the ash falling from the sky. "But we're fine! No burns or anything!" She tried to smile convincingly.

"How did you escape without burns or anything?" His eyes narrowed. Diana shifted nervously.

"We were lucky I guess Dad." Sofie said for Diana, assuming that's what she would say. Sofie's dad looked at Diana, and she nodded almost guiltily.

"Well, we're both fine and that's all that matters!" Diana shifted again.

"Sigh, I'm just relieved to see you both okay! " Sofie's dad just barged into the attic- towards the box wall.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oooooooh suspense! Does he know? Check out Sofie's book for the next chapter! Thanks for reading!
-Diana