{Chapter Three}

_____

_____

"Should've known, little girl that you'd do me wrong/ Should've known by the way you were showing off
Bad habits, yeah/ Bad habits, ooh"
- Bad Habits (The Last Shadow Puppets)

_____

A THORN IN THEIR SIDES

ARYA WAS FAR BEHIND ANNABETH, who in turn was catching up to Grover and Thalia. The fifteen-year-old racked her brain as she followed the twists and turns through the school hallway, as Arya wondered how in the world they knew where Percy was. It wasn't until they all got outside that Arya remembered that Percy chose to keep the empathy link between Grover and him after their adventure last summer.

As the group all got closer to the edge of the cliff. The silhouette of Percy and two much smaller figures behind him appeared, and standing in front of them, closer to Arya, was Dr. Thorn. Who was surprisingly not in his monster form yet.

Grover, Thalia, and Annabeth stopped behind a tree and had a short discussion while Arya was still jogging to catch up. Cursing herself for her lack of cardio abilities.

"Annabeth go. I'll follow. Arya, wait your turn." Thalia commanded waiting for a nod from all of them. Annabeth quickly switched her beanie with her invisibility cap and disappeared before their eyes. Arya wasn't sure what the plan was, but it wasn't time to ask, it was already in motion. So she would have to listen to Thalia and wait her turn. Whenever that was supposed to be.

Annabeth had run full speed at Thorn and knocked him off of his feet, Thalia marched forward with her spear in her hands, and Aegis, her frightening shield that mirrored her fathers, even Thorn winced at it, and when he did Thalia took this as her time to throw her spear at his head.

Thorn, with his hand now a claw with razor sharp nails, scratched at Thalia who raised her shield to stop herself from being sliced open. There was a second of nothing, as both parties recovered and Thorn then shot his missiles at Thalia who dogged them by the hair of her chin.

Grover then stepped out from where Arya and him were hiding and started playing a dancing jig on his reed pipes. Grass came out from the snow and started to tangle up Thorn. Arya was now confused, Thalia hadn't mentioned Grover when she recapped the plan and was still confused as to when it was her turn.

She watched for a few more seconds as Thorn showed his true form, and started to scratch away at the grass holding him, all while getting ready to shoot another volley of misses, right at Percy. Arya decided she wasn't waiting any longer, her friends were in danger and she was sitting here doing nothing.