{Chapter Sixteen}

___

___

"you gotta get yourself together babe/ try to keep it cool
You wanna make it last forever maybe/ get behind the new"
- get Yourself Togeher (The Black Keys)

___

LAUGHING AT PERCY CAN MAKE A DAY

IN THE AIR, Arya did her best to patch herself up. But it was hard, she was out of water to heal herself, she wasn't able to reach the bullet to pull it out, no one else could reach her to help her. So all she was able to do was wrap a tourniquet around her arm, and take a shot of ambrosia, enough to stop the bleeding and take the pain away, but not heal over the bullet. She also had to do all of this while thousands of feet in the air, and struggling to balance on the shoulder or a bronze statue.

Once she was done with her own first aid, and she was confident that she would heal, she should finally relax and enjoy the flight. Grover was playing some calming, non-magical, tunes on his pipe, and Zoe was using her bow for target practice on the billboards they passed, aiming for anything circular, an anytime they passed a target she was load up multiple arrows at once and hit the bullseye with all of them.

"Those are going to be a pain to get down" Arya laughed.

"Trust me, they will not notice for a long time, if at all."

The two girls laughed for a few seconds before claiming down.

"Did you ever think you and I would have been able to get along so well?" Arya asked her. Zoe shook her head.

"Our first conversation we almost killed each other, so no, I did not."

"You insulted the only thing I cared about. I was going to get defensive." Arya reminded her. "But I do have a bit of a temper problem. I didn't need to be as harsh as I was."

"Looking back, I should not have insulted the boy. It's just with my experience I assumed he was going to betray and hurt you just like the rest of them."

Arya knew exactly what she was talking about.

Percy's sword Riptide was made by Zoe, to help Hercules beat his golden apple quest. Going against her family who have been protecting the golden apples in the Garden of Hesperides. When Hercules finished his quest and escaped the island, he abandoned Zoe and gave her no credit, which caused her to be exiled from her family. Artemis offered her a place with the hunters as an escape, and Zoe has been a proud member since.