{Chapter Ten}

___

___

"Won't you follow me into the jungle/ Ain't no God on my streets, in the heart of the jungle"
- Jungle (X Ambassadors, Jamie Commons)

___

HISTORY TENDS TO BE WRITEN WRONG

AFTER FIGHTING TONS OF TRAFFIC to get into the city, and getting to see a road-raged Zoe. The crew parked the van on the curb near the Washington monument. Arya wanted to point out that she was pretty sure they weren't allowed to park where they did. But no one else seemed to have a problem with it so she let it go.

They trudged through the cold and down a few blocks on the sidewalk, Grover taking the lead as he was the only one who had any semblance of an idea where they were supposed to be going. Arya kept sneaking glances at Bianca who looked like she was trying to put mental puzzle pieces together. Bianca had said her and Nico had lived in D.C, yet she looked like she was trying to figure out if that's where they were.

Eventually they came upon a big building and Grover stopped.

"In here." Grover nodded confidently. Arya looked up and squinted her eyes in an attempt to read the sign. It took her a few extra seconds to unscramble the letters but eventually she made out: National Air and Space Museum.

"The Smithsonian." Thalia cleared up.

Then they all walked in the door. The museum wasn't very crowded which Arya found surprising. They took their time going through the museum, they didn't read any of the exhibits, they didn't have too. History was often written very incorrectly, the amount of things that happened by the gods hands, that humans tried to explain with what they called 'science' was baffling, and there were so many examples, Arya could probably teach a class about it. Not to mention the amount of historical figures that were demi-gods, was also rather astounding. Arya played a game with herself to point out everything in the museum that the gods heavily influenced. It was safe to say the game kept her rather occupied.

"I always liked Amelia Earhart." Bianca hummed as they made their way up the steps.

"She was a demi-god you know." Arya spoke. The tenth one on her list.

"Really?" Bianca asked with wide eyes.

Arya nodded. "A daughter of Hermes, hence the want to travel."

"Cool." Zoe said, for a second sounding like Nico.

"I didn't know that," Thalia said. They had all stopped by now leaning over the railings and looking at the famous plane. "Do you know why she disappeared?"