{Chapter Six}

_____

_____

"Something isn't right, babe/ I keep catching little words but the meaning's thin
I'm somewhere outside my life, babe/ I keep scratching but somehow I can't get in "
- Sedated (Hozier)

_____

FIGHTING WITH FAMILY

AFTER A SHORT CHECK IN WITH CHARLES that included; filling the burly boy in on everything that happened, a little tiff between the two, and then a suggestion that Arya should ask for a quest to find Annabeth since she was allowed to do that now. The teenager made a light jog towards the Big House where she saw through the windows that Percy and Thalia were in the main room talking to both Mr. D and Chiron. It was the perfect opportunity. So Arya pushed open the door catching everyone's attention.

"I'd like to ask for a quest to find Annabeth."

"Join the line." Dionysus mumbled, his fingers pressed into his temple, clearly already annoyed with the conversation that was happening.

"From what you have told me," Mr. D said, "we have broken even on this escapade. We have, ah, regrettably lost Annie Bell—"

"Annabeth," Percy snapped, with the same threatening tone he had used after Arya tried to jump off the cliff.

"Yes, yes," he waved off. "And you procured a small annoying boy to replace her. So I see no point risking further half-bloods on a ridiculous rescue. The possibility is very great that this Annie girl is dead."

"She's not dead. Kronos is smarter than that, Artemis could feel that she was alive. Just not anywhere close to here." Arya explained, attempting to keep a level head, she knew she would never get a quest if she lost her temper.

"Annabeth may be alive," Chiron said, with a hint of grief in his tone. "She's very bright. If... if our enemies have her, she will try to play for time. She may even pretend to cooperate."

"That's right," Thalia said. "Luke would want her alive."

"Charles said that too." Arya agreed, refusing to look at Thalia who she knew was looking at her.

"In which case" said Mr. D, "I'm afraid she will have to be smart enough to escape on her own."

Then, Percy stood up from the table fast, anger flashing in his eyes, anger Arya knew all too well. Not only did the siblings look alike, they apparently were starting to act similar too.

"Percy." Chiron warned. Trying to remind Percy that Mr. D was a god.

"You're glad to lose another camper," He said. "You'd like it if we all disappeared!"