{Chapter Eighteen}

*Warning: This chapter contains brief mentions of suicide*

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

___

All I can give you is memories/ Carry them with you and I'll never leave
I'll lay my head down/ But when I lay my head down don't me go"
- Don't Let Me Go (RAIGN)

___

WHAT'S REAL AND WHAT'S NOT

"Why do they call it that?" Percy asked, referring to the Mountain of Despair.

They all waited patiently for Zoe's answer, knowing that rehashing her past wasn't something she was fond of.

"After the war between the Titans and the gods, many of the Titans were punished and imprisoned. Kronos was sliced to pieces and thrown into Tartarus. Kronos's right-hand man, the General of his forces, was imprisoned up there, on the summit, just beyond the Garden of the Hesperides."

"The General," Percy said. Clouds were swirling at its peak, it was the ultimate sign of despair  "What's going on up there? A Storm?"

It was then Arya realized who the general was, and cursed herself for not realizing it earlier. The thing that Luke had been holding up, then Annabeth, than Artemis. It wasn't just some invisible barrier, or just any trap. They were forced to hold the entire world on their shoulders.

"Atlas" Arya whispered out.

"What?" Percy asked her, not hearing his sister's words.

"We have to concentrate," Thalia said. "The Mist is really strong here."

"The magical kind or the natural kind?" Percy asked, moving on.

"Both."

As they kept driving, everyone's faces were practically pressed against the glass, looking for anything that might help them.

"Look!"

Arya jumped over to his window and caught a glimpse of a cruise ship she knew all too well. She could feel her face pale, she had hoped he wouldn't be here on top of everything else. Arya thought that maybe, now that Thalia was on their side that Luke would be able to be convinced to come back. But then when Arya remembered Thalia's incident on the pier, Arya realized that maybe her and Thalia were more or less in the same boat.

"What?" Thalia asked.

"A big white ship," Percy said. "Docked near the beach. It looked like a cruise ship."

Her eyes widened. "Luke's ship?"

"Yes." Arya answered. Now clear why the last sighting was at the Panama Canal, It was the fastest way to get to California from the Pacific Ocean.