{Chapter Nine}

_____

_____

"Do you like walking in the rain?/ When you think of love do you think of pain?
You can tell me what you see/ I will choose what I believe."
- Mess is Mine (Vance Joy)

_____

DRIVING THROUGH LIFE

ARYA, on her way to find her brother, was pulled to the side by Thalia who was asking her help in packing for a quest because she had never been on one, and Thalia was stressed. So, the girls sat in Cabin one, as Arya helped Thalia decide what she needed and what she didn't. At some point Arya fell asleep on one of the many empty beds, and didn't wake up until light was starting to make its way across the horizon.

She crawled out of bed and made her way one cabin over, to cabin three, but when she walked inside and saw no signs of Percy, she made her way back outside and towards the lake, to see if he was there trying to clear his head. Instead all she found was Blackjack.

Arya would openly admit she was jealous of Percy and Blackjack. It's not that the pegusi didn't like her, but their relationship would never come close to the bond that Percy shared with him.

"Hey Big Guy, what are you doing all the way out here?" Arya asked from behind as she started to pet his mane.

Woah! Girl Boss! Haven't seen you in a while! He neighed.

"I know, I took Summer out for a long distance ride a few days ago. I planned on taking you, but you were out."

Yeah! Went to get some exercise, Summer really enjoyed that trip though.

"I enjoyed her too! Hey, have you seen Percy?"

Sure Thing. The Hippocampi needed help again, he's underwater with them now.

"Thanks" She said before slipping off her shoes but before she could get anywhere Percy's head popped up out of the water and Blackjack told her to stay still while he went and got him.

Percy landed back on the shore and immediately explained everything to Arya who was glad Percy seemed to be talking to her like nothing had ever happened between them. As the two walked back to the cabin talking about Bessie, the cow-fish creature he saved, Arya thought about bringing up their argument multiple times, but everytime she went to try she fell short because she couldn't bring herself to do it. Why rehash bad memories between them when both had already moved on? Maybe it was time, or maybe it was the fact that Arya took a lightning bolt and stood up for him? Either way she didn't care. As long as they were on good terms now she could leave with a clear conscience.

They were almost back at the cabin when Percy came to a stop, staring off at something in the distance and squinting his eyes.

"Is that...?" He started, and Arya followed his gaze to see a small black headed boy hiding behind a pillar of the dining pavilion.