{Chapter Four}

_____

_____

"Goodnight, goodnight/ My sweet little friend
Tomorrow's adventures/ They will soon begin"
- Lullaby (Sleeping At Last)

______

ARYA SHOWS HER HEART

MYTHOMAGIC WAS SOMETHING Arya was all too familiar with. She was the prototype tester before the game actually came out, a fact she rarely shared with anyone anymore. A daughter of Athena and a son of Hermes when she was younger, had gotten married at 21, left camp and went out to live in the real world. They were one of the rare success stories of camp. It was the only wedding Arya had ever been too, it was a fond memory for her. Except the times when she was sinking. When she thought about it then, she was only reminded of all the people that had left her over the years at camp and never came back.

Shane and Elizabeth created a game based around the Greek Gods. It was a card game with a points system where you attempted to build the best and biggest team you could and take all their other players' points away. They sent a whole set to Arya to test when she was seven, and for weeks she ran around camp until she was sure everyone had played with her. She even got Mr.D to play with her. A rare memory in which the god of wine and theater was actually able to get along with one of his pupils. Arya wrote the couple an exciting letter back telling them how great the game was. She never received a letter back.

However, as Nico told her about the game and she told him about how it was made. She was more than thrilled to see that their game had taken off and become popular over the years.

"So all of this is real?" Nico asked as he shuffled through his deck of cards he had built up.

"Yeah, and me and you and your sister, along with most of the others are half-god."

"Who's your godly parent?"

Arya held back a scoff at the word parent, as far as she was concerned she had no parents. But she couldn't explain all of that to an innocent ten year old.

"Posiedon" She settled.

Nico shuffled through his deck and pulled out a holographic card with a shirtless man holding a trident with a whirlpool of water surrounding him. It looked nothing like Poseidon's mortal form, it was almost laughable. They had left off his bad Hawaiian shirts, and lucky Neptune cap. His staples.

"He's the second strongest next to Zeus! His attack and defense are both extremely high, although he's wildly weak to any form of strong magic attacks so I don't really use him." Nico informed me, putting the card back in the deck and shuffling it. "What about the others?"

The faces of the friends that Arya had flashed through her mind.

"Well the girl that disappeared" Arya swallowed hard. "She was a daughter of Athena. Annabeth. Thalia, the one with the dark short hair, is a daughter of Zeus."