{Chapter Seven}

_____

_____

"Oh, 'cause they will run you down, down 'til the dark/Yes and they will run you down, down 'til you fall
And they will run you down, down 'til you go/ Yeah, so you can't crawl no more"
- Way Down We Go (KALEO)

_____

WORKING HARD, OR HARDLY WORKING

ARYA WAS OUT THE DOOR, only a matter of seconds after her last comment to Percy. Both of them still livid and upset, neither of them willing to apologize. Arya hated this, she knew families faught. It was only a matter of time before her and Percy would. But she wasn't expecting his words to hurt so badly, the malice in his tone and lack of understanding cut deeper from him than if the words had come from anyone else.

She didn't know where she was going or what she was doing, but she knew she had to get away from Percy. Luckly, she didn't get far before fate intervened with something to distract her as she saw Zoe Nightshade running up the steps of the Big House. Arya quickly followed.

"I don't care who they are! Wake them up! My lady is in danger and my hunters and I need to leave tonight!"

Argus responded, looking unintimidated by the head-hunter, with a shake of his head.

Zoe had fire in her eyes, and even though she was a solid two feet shorter than Argus, looked as though she was about to take him down with just her fist. Arya had every confidence that the hunter probably could, but she made it to the big house before the physical fight could break out.

"Argus, get Chiron for me please. It was my dream she's talking about. He'll want to know immediately." Arya assured.

Zoes eyes glanced briefly at Arya  but other than that showed no intention to call out Arya on her lie.

Argus looked between the girls before grunting and walking into the big house. Once he was out of earshot Zoe turned fully to the girl.

"What was that for?"

"He trusts me. You would have never gotten in otherwise."

Zoe scowled as she seemed to be debating whether or not Arya was right.

"I suppose you want a thank you then."

"No, but if this goes well, I want in."

Zoe opened her mouth, probably to deny her request but she never got the chance before Chiron called them both into the room.

"What is the reason I've been woken up at this hour?" The Centaur sighed as he clopped into the meeting room, one of Arya's least favorite places in camp. Chiron was dressed in a sleep shirt, curlers in his tail, and came complete with a nightcap on his head. His winter cap, as Arya knew it.