{Chapter Fourteen}

___

___

"So this is where we are/ It's not where we had wanted to be
If half the worlds gone mad/ The other half just don't care you see"
- World Gone Mad (Bastille)

___

MYTHOMAGIC BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER

SHE SHOOK HER HEAD out of her thoughts and stood up, brushing the dirt off of her pants and headed over to the conversation that the others were having around the campfire in hopes it would keep her thoughts of him away.

Arya sat down next to Percy who shot her a look asking her if she was okay, but she pretended not to see it. The group was having a conversation about how Bianca turned one of the skeleton warriors into dust. Bianca had no clue how she had done it, and no one else had any ideas either. Arya made a mental note to revisit the topic later with Annabeth.

Zoe was the one who started suggesting how they should go about continuing their journey. Arya brought back up her plan from earlier to just follow the road to the next major city since there was still plenty of time before the winter solstice.

"I agree. I believe the next major city would be Las Vegas."

In synch Percy, Biance, and Groover tensed at the mention of a city. All having the same worry and stressed out look in their eyes

"No!" Bianca said. "Not there!"

"Why?" Zoe asked, confused.

"I... I think we stayed there for a while. Nico and I. When we were traveling. And then, I can't remember..."

Arya had a sinking feeling in her gut, as she remembered Nico mentioning how he couldn't remember if their mom had died, and how Bianca could remember the subway being built. This was leading to something really bad.

"Bianca," Percy said. "That hotel you stayed at. Was it possibly called the Lotus Hotel and Casino?"

Her eyes widened. "How could you know that?"

"This is not good." Arya said shaking her hands and burying them in her hands.

"Wait," Thalia said. "What is the Lotus Casino?"

"A couple of years ago," Percy said, "Grover, Annabeth, and I got trapped there. It's designed so you never want to leave. We stayed for about an hour. When we came out, five days had passed. It makes time speed up."