{Chapter Thirteen}

___

___

"Nothing is as it has been/ And I miss your face like hell
And I guess it's just as well/ But I miss your face like hell"
- Rivers and Roads (The Head and The Heart)

___

MODERN WEAPONS KEEP A GREEK GUESSIN'

ARYA KNEW AS SOON as Grover collapsed that they were about to be in a great deal of trouble. She wanted so badly for it to have just been from the overdose of caffeine in the coffee but by when the warm air blew strongly between the group in the middle of winter, and the small birds on Groovers coffee cup came to life and flew off, it was hard to deny the oncoming trouble that was bound to find them on the hill.

Things only escalated as Thalia came running up to them, spear in hand, constantly looking behind her in paranoia telling them they needed to leave. She had seen the skeleton warriors that Percy was talking about all the way back in D.C.

They decided they needed to fight so everyone turned to the skeletons and summoned their weapons, waiting to see how the monsters would
attack. Six against two seemed like more than a fair fight, until the two pulled out guns. Then Arya hesitated.

"I don't think it's fair that monsters are allowed modern weapons when we are not."

"Agreed." Thalia nodded.

"Camp should at least start to teach us how to defend against them. I'll have to talk to Chiron about updating the curriculum."

But no one had heard her comment because they were all focused on the skeleton speaking into a phone with a series of clicks and rattles, calling upon the other warriors for back up. All of them probably have guns as well.

The group debated how best to take on the skeletons. It was now four and six with more skeletons on the way. Everyone would take one. With Grover and Thalia fighting together, although with Grover collapsed moaning about 'a gift from the wild' every two seconds, Arya couldn't imagine him being much help. Then Bianca and Zoe would pair up. Everyone nodded with Aryas plan, picked their skeleton,  and then Percy was the first one to charge.

Arya had picked a skeleton farthest away from everyone, it's dead eyes bore into hers as if it knew she was about to run after it. Arya threw her spear to the ground, and unsheathed her daggers, plan entering her head. Then, Arya took off running.

The skeleton was far, giving him plenty of time to pull his gun and fire multiple bullets, she made sure to run in a zigzag pattern as sharply as she could so the skeleton wouldn't have much time to aim, and the one bullet that did come close to her, she pulled a bunch water from the snow to block the bullet from hitting her.