{Chapter Twenty}

___"And if you fall/If you fall Hold me hand/ Ooh, baby, it's a long way down to the bottom of the river"- Bottom of the River (Delta Rea) ___

___
"And if you fall/If you fall
Hold me hand/ Ooh, baby, it's a long way down to the bottom of the river"
- Bottom of the River (Delta Rea)
___

WAY DOWN UNDER THE GROUND

"I MUST GO TO OLYMPUS IMMEDIATELY" Artemis said. "I will not be able to take you, but I will send help."

She looked around at all of them, then stopped on Arya, a look of pity came across her face. "Also, I am afraid your presence would not be very welcome on Olympus. My father still doesn't trust you."

Arya felt her face drop. "You're kidding me."

"What if we brought her anyway, there's no rule saying she's not allowed." Percy argued.

Arya felt her nails dig into her skin in anger, she closed her eyes and took deep breaths in order to not lose her temper. She couldn't believe she was still fighting for the gods sometimes.

"Nothing would happen directly, but the Gods will be making big decisions, and I worry with Arya in your presence, you won't stand a chance."

Arya scoffed, Zeus still held a grudge with her after all this time, everything she's done? Maybe Luke had been right, why was she fighting for gods who treated her so horribly, who acted like children. But when Arya thought about Artemis and Apollo, who had been on the opposite side of the coin, the Gods who made her want to keep fighting, it made her head hurt.

Annabeth opened her mouth to argue, but Arya stopped her. "There's no point. I'll stay behind."

"I'm sorry. Now is just not your time. But believe me when I say it will come Arya, and after everything you've done, I will continue to fight for you up there, until the end. I was right to believe in you all these years."

Arya nodded her head, but that's about all she could do. She wasn't mad at the Goddess, and therefore didn't want to take her anger out on her.

The Goddess took the time to move on to Annabeth. "You are brave beyond measure, my girl. You will do what is right."

Artemis and Thalia shared a look, which Arya couldn't quite get a read on, before moving on to Percy.

"You did well," she said. "For a man."

Percy nodded, and Artemis climbed back into her chariot. They all averted their eyes, and in a flash she was gone.