Introduction

"Please remain calm and in your seats. Your lifejackets are under your chairs, and your seats are buoyant so do not panic." The stewardess smiled prettily at everyone on the plane, hoping to calm down the panicking people.

You woke up suddenly to people screaming. Wondering what had interrupted your dream, you looked around and saw people frantically searching for lifejackets. Starting to feel a little panicked, you looked out the window and saw the ocean getting rather close and approaching fast. You grabbed the lifejacket and buckled it on securely. Holding your backpack which contained all of your clothes tightly, you closed your eyes and tried to block it all out.

A large splash, and you knew no more.

Time skip brought to you by Butter My Buns and Call Me a Biscuit How Are You Lovely People Doing Today

A large wave crashed onto you, waking you up suddenly by pushing large amounts of saltwater up your nose. Pushing yourself up off of the rough sandy beach, you looked around yourself. You seemed to be on an island. The beach was covered in fine white sand, with rocks farther inland. There were a few trees that looked like they might grow fruit, and there was the sound of a small stream falling over some rocks. Standing up slowly and brushing yourself off after taking off your lifejacket, you look around for your backpack. Seeing it, you ran over to it to check what was still in there. Two shirts, one pair of sweatpants, a sweatshirt, your travel blanket, four pairs of underwear, and three socks. Looking at the socks annoyed, you reflected that socks always seem to appear in odd numbers. Your soap, washcloth, and towel also seemed to have survived, albeit rather wet. Your phone was completely soaked, no hope of communication. Besides, would there be Wifi here? Very doubtful.

"And everyone always tells me I don't need to pack soap. What would I do if I couldn't clean myself for who knows how long?"

Stuffing everything back inside of the bag, you walk further up the beach. Getting to the rocks, you grab onto a tree branch higher up and pull yourself onto the rock. Getting a better view of your surroundings now, you see that in between two rocks, there is a little waterfall, maybe 8 feet tall and not very powerful, coming out overtop of a large rock.

Running water is less likely to have contaminants in it right? Plus that could serve as a shower.

Deciding to go over there and check it out more closely, you make your way down the rock and over to the waterfall.

"Seems to be as good a place as any," you mused. "Running water. Maybe further upstream would be a better place to camp though. There isn't much space here."

It was true. The waterfall fell into a shallow puddle of clear water, showing mossy rock underneath. Around the pool there was sand and a few large rocks that could serve as towel holders or seats.

Looking around again, you repeated, "Yeah, not much space at all." Moving upstream, you climbed onto the large rock with the help of another tree. Walking upstream for a minute proved to be a good idea. There was a grassy clearing shaded by trees and surrounded by small rocks. The grass looked soft, so you took off your shoes and walked to the middle of the glade and set down your backpack.

Well, first things first. How do I bring water back here and how do I boil out anything bad in it? I have my lighter, but I don't have a pot. Maybe I could use my water bottle... but would it melt? No, it's metal! Y/n, you're a genius!

Mentally giving yourself a pat on the back, you started to wonder if you would ever make it off this island.

It's somewhere in the Pacific, I know that much. Other than that, nothing. As far as I know, there isn't an island here. It isn't on any maps!

Telling yourself not to panic, you thought more rationally.

Chances are, someone will find me. New places are discovered all the time! All I need to do is put a sign out for help.

Taking yourself out of your thoughts, you realized that you were covered in saltwater and sand. "First thing's first, we need to take a shower."

Taking your soap and washcloth along with your soaked towel, you started to walk back to the waterfall. Taking off your salty clothes and rinsing them in the waterfall, you laid them out to dry along with your towel. Grabbing your soap, you stepped into the water and started to wet your hair. Scrubbing the salt and sand out of your hair, you started to hum a simple tune. It felt a little normal taking a shower, even if it was colder than usual. After rinsing the soap off, you dried yourself with your sun-dried towel, walked back to your camp, and put on a t-shirt and your sweatpants.

What should I do next? I should start a fire and figure out a place to sleep.

You wandered around your little glen picking up small sticks and making a circle out of stones. Placing the sticks in a small cone like shape, you lit dry leaves in the middle and watched the little fire grow. Feeding it more sticks until you were confident that it wouldn't go out, you walked to the waterfall and filled up your water bottle. Making your way back to camp, you put your bottle on the fire to boil. After about 20 minutes, you took the bottle off of the fire and set it to the side to cool. Seeing the sun start to set, you grabbed a few large logs to keep the fire going all night and grabbed your blanket and bag. Using your bag as a pillow, you lied down on your makeshift bed and said goodnight to the world.

_____________________________
1012 words???
My thumbs hurt
Thank you for reading! If there are any grammar or spelling errors please comment and tell me.
I love you!