5- Let's try not to die today

Hey guys any suggestions for things that (y/n) in the story should go through like should ranboo also fall out of a tree lmao (hehehhehe)
Idk mwah ty for reading
________
(Also this is a few days after the last chapter, so your back is mostly better)

You woke up from a restful sleep and opened your eyes slowly to see sunlight shining through the leaves overhead.

You heard sleepy noises from your left. Flopping onto your left side, you looked at the human beanstalk from your lying down position. He was still sleeping, and his hair was messy.

Cute

Slowly sitting up and getting ready to get more water, (also I never specified but it's one of the big metal ones like quart sized) you rolled your neck in circles two times, releasing a number of satisfying cracks.

You stood up, grabbed your water bottle and blanket, deposited the latter upon the sleeping fellow, and refilled your water bottle in the stream. Then you restocked the fire and put the water to boil.

After sitting for a few moments, you decided that sleeping on the ground isn't the most comfortable or practical.

Thinking about it for a minute, you decided that a simple mattress would be most simple. A bunch of leaves wound around with rope sounds more comfortable than a mossy floor.

You walked past the tired, snuggled up human and went to gather some palm fronds and grass. You scraped the outer layer of grass off to expose the fibers underneath and started to twist them. After a little more twisting, a rope was starting to emerge and you put in more grass when it started to run out. You had 6 feet of rope after about 10 minutes or so.

Setting it down to dry, you went to gather palm fronds and soft grass for the mattress. You took them from the smaller ones because the larger trees were at least 20 feet tall, and you didn't fancy a fall from that high.

After gathering all you could hold, you grabbed the fronds and went home. Ranboo was just barely waking up, stretching and rubbing his eyes.

You smiled at the tall man and remarked, "Good morning Sleeping Beauty," and set down the fronds.

He responded with a smile, a laugh, and a "Hello Prince Charming?"

You laughed as well and went over to help him up. He grabbed your hand and pulled himself upright. You blushed slightly, you had forgotten how tall this guy was.

You gave him a slight punch on the arm and said, "C'mon, I'm making a mattress. Come help."

"What do you need me to do?" He immediately responded.

"Uhm," you mused looking around, "maybe you can gather some big leaves and branches? We're in the Pacfic, which means that chances are, there will be a storm soon. It's about that season. We need a shelter."

He saluted and marched off dramatically. "Ma'am yes ma'am!"

Smiling at his silliness, you rolled your eyes and continued your task of making the mattress. After about half an hour, you were almost finished, but Ranboo was nowhere to be seen. Shrugging, you supposed he was lost. Brushing yourself off, you went to go look for him, only to be met with the sight of him dragging a large amount of big branches and palm fronds.

Your eyes widened at the sheer amount of materials he had gathered in such a short time. He dropped it at the side of the clearing and walked over to you to look at it. "Is that enough?"

(Ok quick a/n I kinda headcanon him being a dude who doesnt talk much to people he doesnt know really well idk)

You stared at him. "Enough? That's more than enough, it's a little more than we need!" You smiled at him, "Hey, you're pretty cool."

He smiled back. "Why thank you, but I just did what you told me to."

"Whatever." You rolled your eyes. "Either way, we need to start to set this up."

After about an hour or so, the hut was taking shape

After about an hour or so, the hut was taking shape. All you had to do was finish the mattress and figure out who was sleeping in it first.

"You first, you gathered all the materials." You suggested.

"You should, you told me what to do, made the rope, and did most of the work."

You were tired of the argument, so you agreed to take the first turn.

Sunset came quickly. You and Ranboo tried cooking a mango to see what would happen, and it didnt turn out half bad. With your stomachs full, you went to bed.

In the middle of the night, you were awakened by a loud clap of thunder, then the immediate sound of rain pattering down on the leaves above you. Instinctively, you got up and woke up Ranboo so he could be under the shelter as well.

"Come on, it'll get worse. Get inside now."

You shoved him under the roof and followed closely behind. Wrapping the blanket around both of you to keep warm, you snuggled closer to the tall man, shivering. He put his arm around you and leaned back, lying down with you safely in his arms. You fell asleep to the sound of the storm outside.

_____
885 words
I feel like the ending of this chapter was a little rushed because I wanted to get it out for yall idk hope u enjoyed thx for reading mwah
Its 1230 am I should be sleeping I gotta get up at 6
Idk
T

he rest of the storm is next chapter