6- The Storm

Brains be like that, you know?
_______________________________
You and Ranboo were rudely awakened by leaves being whipped harshly into your faces. Shaking your head to get the leaves off, you looked up at the structure above you, seeing that it was still stable.

Hallelujah, we're safe for now. But for how much longer?

You looked up at the sleepy figure with his arms around you and said, "Should we go back to sleep or...?"

He responded with a ✨deep morning  voice✨ "Tired."

You smiled and looked at his closed eyes. "I'm worried that a tree is gonna fall."

That seemed to wake him up. "Okay, okay, fine. I'm up."

You and Ranboo crawled out of your shelter, stood up and brushed yourselves off. Looking around, you realized that even if a tree was to fall, it would probably be stopped from doing too much damage, due to the vines climbing from tree to tree.

(Guys my autocorrect is amazing in that last paragraph there were 10 wrongly spelled words and it fixed all of them)

You stood in the middle of the clearing, surveying your surroundings for immediate threats. There seemed to be none, other than the lighting flashing across the sky. Your adrenaline started flowing, ready to run if something happened.

As if on cue, a giant spike of lightning struck the base of a tree. Combined with the fierce wind, the tree started to fall. It leaned towards you, threatening to fall and crush you. There were less vines on that side of the clearing, making the danger more apparent. Shaking yourself out of the shock, you dove to the side as the tree lost the fight to stay standing. It crashed to the ground. The deafening crash was accompanied by a shout of pain from your tall companion.

Realizing what that meant, you desperately looked around in the dark, hoping to see him. He was seemingly stuck under the tree, caught by his foot. You rushed over to help him heart pounding in your ears, as he fell back, unconscious from the pain.

Breathing fast, you looked to see what was wrong. His lower leg was stuck under the tree. Unsure of what to do, you tried pulling him out from under it.

It didn't seem to work, all you succeeded at was scraping Ranboo's leg. You cringed at the sight of blood.
Sorry buddy. Trying a different tactic, you lofted the tree as much as you could while still pulling his leg out. It moved, but his foot caught on the trunk. Giving up on trying to pull him, you lifted the tree as high as you could, moved it past his foot, and dropped it. Collapsing shortly after, you panted for breath, letting the rain cool your face.

After catching your breath, you pushed yourself onto your knees and shuffled over to where Ranboo was.

You checked his pulse- steady, thank goodness. He was breathing fine as well, so nothing much to worry about. Well, besides the giant gash on his leg.

I need to gather some herbs and cobwebs tomorrow morning... I dont want that to get infected.

The wind and rain was dying down, the lightning becoming less frequent. You dragged the still-unconscious tree man back to the shelter, lying him down in a comfortable position and getting in beside him. He shivered and scooted a little closer to you, seeming to be cold. You covered him with the previously discarded blanket and made yourself comfortable.

Soon drifting into sleep, you had the thought of, "You know, that scream sounded familiar."

________
601 words
Soz for not updating, school is brutal.

What should I do for 100 reads? Hand reveal mebbe lmao wink wonk it is too late and I'm high on several times the amount of gum you're supposed to  chew in a day
Im kidding
I think
I hope you enjoyed tho

Also I've been thinking
Should i make a oneshot book
If so who should be in it

Idk love you all mwah ❤
Also this isnt proofread please tell me about spelling or grammar issues, I'll fix them unless I find it funny