8- Beach Preparations + Author's rant

After finishing breakfast, you decided to ask Ranboo if he was THE Ranboo. However, bringing it up was a difficult thing to do. How do you go and ask a person who could be one of your idols if he actually is? If he isn't, it's kinda awkward.

Either way, you needed to think about lunch now. Ranboo and I need to eat something other than just fruit. There's no protein or fats in them. Maybe... you shuddered at the idea.

Bugs are gross. But they are a good source of protein... is it worth it?

You decided to ask him to try and catch some. You could eat them later, for lunch or dinner.

You called out to him, "Hey Ranboo, I'm gonna make some more rope, can you try to catch some bugs? Like cockroaches or crickets- we need protein."

He looked a little concerned, but he saluted and said, "Yes ma'am."

You both went your separate way, him to catch bugs and you to surprise him. Last night, you had decided that today, you and he were going to have a day at the beach, to try to relax from what happened last night. (Not like that you pervs) All you needed was a basket for some food, some more fronds to make an umbrella, and something that could serve as swimsuits.

The basket was first. You need thin and thickish vines. Grabbing some that would work, you made a basic frame, tied it with a little bit of the rope you had, and started to weave the vines. In, out, over, under, until you had a medium sized basket.

Right.

Now the umbrella. Ranboo is pale, so he needs something so he won't get too sunburnt. The idea was simple enough, get some palm fronds and tie the together at the top. Then make a frame to keep it up. Gathering some of the fronds, you tied them together. You then made a simple frame using some small, flexible, twigs. Then, you found a thick, straight branch to use as the pole in the middle. You put it into the makeshift umbrella and surveyed your work, content with what you had made.

You looked up at the sun, realizing that it was time for lunch and Ranboo was probably wondering where you were. Sighing, you left your creations where they were and headed back for camp.

Ranboo was sitting on a stump in the clearing, facing away from you and drawing in the dirt with a stick. You snuck up behind him and hugged him around the middle, making him jump and fall off and onto his drawing, taking you with him.

You giggled at him, before realizing what position you guys were in. He was on the ground with you on all fours above him.

"Oh, uh..." you stuttered, unable to move.

"Would you be so kind to let me sit up?" He joked, winking at you.

You silently rolled off Ranboo, blushing furiously. "Uh, sorry about that."

He shook his head. "Nah, it's fine. I MEAN, HOw dARe yOU, YoU MeSSeD Up mY DraWIng!" He said this in a very sarcastic tone, making it clear that everything was fine.

You giggled at his stupidity and decided to ask him about him being... him. "Hey, Ranboo?" You said, looking down at your feet.

He cocked an eyebrow, curious as to what you wanted to say. "Yeah?"

"Are you..." the Ranboo, you wanted to say. But nothing came out. So you cleared your throat and asked him if he was hungry instead.

He nodded, "Yeah, I got some crickets like you asked. I couldn't find a lot of cockroaches. I only have three." He gestured to a flat rock beside the fire where there were several dead bugs.

You shivered at the thought of eating them, but if it was that or slowly becoming weaker, susceptible to the dangers of living on the island.

Bugs it is.