9- Beach Day

First of all, thank you all so much for reading! I didn't expect so many people to read and enjoy it! I love you all, and remember if you need to vent, my notifications are on :)

Also almost 5k views and over 200 votes, #8 in wholesome #98 in survival

You guys are amazing <3
___________________

You woke up early to the sounds of bird singing in the treetops. Stretching out your legs, you looked over to where Ranboo was scraping out the squash from last night.

He methodically scraped the flesh from the rind, smoothing out the surface of the squash.

After collecting fruit all morning, you and Ranboo were back at camp, finishing the squash for today's breakfast.

His smile was wide as he dug into the sweet flesh, savoring the taste. You bit into your own food, appreciating it.

"Hey, y/n, when are we going to the beach? It's today, right?"

You smiled at his excitement. "Yeah, it's today. I was thinking soon, before the sun gets up too high. Then we'll sit and chill for a while and eat while the sun is up, then play some more. I'm hoping that we'll get less sunburned this way."

He had tilted his head while listening to you. He nodded as you finished your statement. "Good idea. I wouldn't have even remembered that sunburns were a thing."

You walked over to sit next to him, bumping his shoulder. "Good thing I'm the one planning it then."

After finishing your food, you told Ranboo to go put on his swimsuit and meet back at camp when he was done. He agreed, grabbed his trunks, and left, leaving you alone and blushing.

(A/N y/n and Ranboo aren't gonna date in this story, it's just gonna be y'all as friends who flirt)

You grabbed your swimsuit and left to a secluded area to get changed. After stripping off your dirty clothes and putting on the homemade ones, you walked back to camp to find Ranboo gathering up the baskets and umbrella, as well as a couple large palm fronds so you didn't have to sit directly on the sand.

After walking for a few minutes, you got to the edge of the beach and walked onto the fine white sand. It always amazed you how empty the beach was. Back home, there was always at least 2 other families or couples playing in the water. Now it's just me and Ranboo. You blushed slightly at the thought of you and Ranboo being a couple.

You were taken out of your thoughts by said person poking you in the shoulder.

"Y/n, I've called your name three times now, what are you thinking about?"

"Uh... I was thinking about how empty the beach is. It feels unnatural."

"Yeah, it kind of does. I never used to go to the beach, but I can imagine." He stared at the blue waves, seemingly deep in thought.

You were both content to keep the silence as you walked towards the surf. After finding a suitable spot for your stuff, you and Ranboo walked into the water.

It was cold. The sand was rough, and it collected around your feet, burying them. You looked down, and saw that there were little fish swimming around yours and Ranboo's feet.

Their silvery bodies shimmered in the sunlight, and their small tails ticked your feet.

You grabbed Ranboo's hand and walked further in, pulling him with you. The water got deeper, up to your knees, your hips, your chest, and to you neck. Ranboo still had his shoulders above the water, him being as tall as he is.

He walked out a few feet further than you, so you swam closer and grabbed onto his shoulder to help stay afloat.

"Y/n, do you wanna go father out? I can still touch here." He said this with a smirk, making sure you knew that he was being silly. However, he walked out a few more feet until he was up to his neck in the salty blue water. Trying not to sink, you wrapped your arms around his shoulders and kicked your legs to help keep your head above the water.

Ranboo looked back at you and laughed, "Shorty," before starting to head back to shore.

He had only gotten a few feet when he suddenly stopped. He stood perfectly still, looking intently at something in the water. You were curious as to what it was before a shark fin appeared out of the water, heading away from you.

Ranboo breathed a sigh of relief at seeing the retreating fin. He slowly walked back to shore, swimming with the waves to get there faster.

He seemed shaken. You hadn't even been able to see the shark, but Ranboo had come face to face with it.

Making it back to shore, you and Ranboo set up the umbrella and got out the food. He had reminded you of the coconuts, (btw thank you person who reminded me of the coconuts) so earlier that day you had gone and gotten a few from the tree.

You also had some lychee and a grapefruit that you had forgotten about earlier that day. You hadn't put them in the bag, but Ranboo had. He smiled as he watched your surprised face.

You and Ranboo unloaded the basket full of fruit. He offered you a large lychee that he had already peeled, blushing slightly. Instead of taking it with your hand, you simply leaned over and bit half of it off, going back to your previous sitting position. Ranboo blushed madly, before taking the half-eaten lychee and putting it in his mouth, licking the sticky juices off of his fingers in the process.

Both of you were silent for a few moments, before laughing at the seagulls who were trying to catch fish in the ocean. The crabs, too, were fun to watch. They kept scuttling in and out of holes, seemingly at random.

After a while of watching the waves and making small talk, you and Ranboo decided that it was time to get in the water again.

The hours passed quickly, you and Ranboo having fun in the waves until it started to get dark. You both went back to the shore to dry off in preparation to go home.

Sitting on the palm fronds, you and Ranboo watched the sunset. It was gorgeous, pink and yellow and orange blended in a beautiful way. You leaned on Ranboo's shoulder, exhausted from the day.

It started to get darker, so you packed up all of the stuff and headed back home.

After finally reaching camp, Ranboo grabbed your clothes and handed them to you. "Go change, I'll get everything ready for bed." You firefly obliged, too tired to speak. After sluggishly getting into your clothes, you came back to Ranboo already under the blanket. He lifted the blanket, gesturing for you to come join him. You silently nodded and collapsed beside him, falling asleep almost instantly.

3rd person, Ranboo's thoughts

I can't believe she did all of that for me, she's incredible. He cuddled closer to the sleeping girl with a smile on his face.

______________________

My goodness guys... so many people have read this. I was hoping for maybe half as many reads. And like... it's hard for me to write right now, I'm behind in schoolwork and I need to catch up. I'm close though, so updates should start coming more frequently. 🤞
Love you all! * mwah *

Dont die I'd miss you