CHAPTER 22

ROSE'S P.O.V

EDITED- 01 NOVEMBER 2022

So, the doctor still has not finished in surgery with George, but it takes a while.

"Babe?" Ethan said. "Hmm..." I spoke. "Are you okay?" he asked, and I shook my head. "What's on your mind?" he asked. "George." I spoke. "Tell me about him." he said. "A fun person to be around. His humour and never once is there a dull moment with him. Without him no colours would appear in one's life. I can't lose him Ethan he means too much to me to lose." I spoke. "I know babe. I know you need him." he said.

"Mrs Andrews." the doctor said, and I stood up. "For George, right?" he said. "Yes doctor." I spoke. "Right, so the tablets he had taken to overdose we had gotten 95% of it. It was a suicidal attempt as a doctor I recommend him to see a counsellor to know why he has done what he had done. Also, the cuts on his arm... He lost blood, and the cuts were deep. We had to give him blood. He is currently unconscious right now but we do not know if his body is responding to our current treatment and so I ask of you to keep it down for a while and if you cannot manage seeing your nine-year-old son in the room than I suggest you stay outside. He is room G5. We lastly, going to keep him when he wakes up if that is, okay? You know to just observe him further." the doctor said.

"Thank you doctor." Ethan said. My pleasure." he said walking away.

We went to G5 to where he was and mom, Patrick, Nicole, and Bryan stayed outside. I went inside with Ethan following me.

His arms were wrapped in bandages. It broke my heart into a million pieces.

Icannot believe he would do such a thing. Why George?! I took hold of his hand.

"George...." I said my voice caught in my throat... "Babe." Ethan said. "Ethan, can you take my family home please. They are not going to come in." I spoke. "Okay babe I'll come back, okay?" he said kissing my forehead than leaving.

50 minutes of sitting next to George's bed speaking to him though he is unconscious. Ethan has not returned. I stayed seated until his machine stopped beating and his body started shaking. Nurses and Doctor Amanda came in.

"Madam you need to leave." the one nurse said. "No, no what's happening to him? What is happening?" I asked. "Madam please we need to do our job and you need to leave." she said finally managing to push me out.

I sat on the chair outside the room.

"He is okay now." Doctor Amanda told me. "Thank you doctor Amanda." I spoke. "No problem." she said.

Doctor Amanda. Bryan's sister 😱😱

"Doctor Amanda are you free Saturday?" I asked. "I think I am why?" she said. "I want to have dinner with you, for my brother you know." she said. "Sure, no problem text me the details. "Sure." I said and went into the room.

So, I went back into George's room after receiving Amanda's number. Now I need to get Patrick and Bryan. I sat again on the chair and spoke again to George.

"George I am not sure if you can hear me, but I am hoping you can... George I don't know why you did it, but I can't live without you George. You bring the humour into my life, the sun on my rainy days. The smile on my face. If you die George, I will never forgive myself for not being that sister that could have protected her brother. I will die George with the pain in my heart. The mourning, the grieving, the crying, I will develop depression I know that, and I will end up dying because of that. Please do not let go yet. Please baby boy." I said holding his hand and crying.

"Rose..." George said soft. "George?" I spoke. "Water..." he said.

I poured the water into the glass and then gave him the water to sip.

"Must I get the doctor?" I asked and he nodded. "Okay..." I spoke.

I pressed the button to notify the doctor. Not long the doctor came in and guess what it was Doctor Amanda.

"I see you up and about George." she said, and he smiled. "So, are you feeling any pain love?" she asked, and he said no. "Okay George I can't tell why you tried to commit suicide, but I need to know get you a counsellor in to speak to you." she said. "But I don't need one." he protested.

"It's protocol." She spoke. "Then can I speak to Rose, she's my sister after all." he said. "As long as you tell her the truth and you'll have a session every week twice a week actually. Understand?" she said. "Yes doctor." he said.

"So, when am I supposed to speak to her?" he asked. "Today and at the end of the week." Doctor Amanda said. "Okay doc." he said.

My phone rang and it was Ethan.

Rose- Hello?
Ethan- Rose I won't be able to come back.
Rose- Why?
Ethan- Your mom and Patrick can't stop crying so Nicole had asked if I could stay behind until they fall asleep.
Rose- And...
Ethan-Bryan left the minute we got home.
Rose- Okay babe get some rest as well please?
Ethan- Why? Once they fall asleep, I am on my way.
Rose- George woke up and only one person is allowed to stay with the patient, so I am here, so I will stay. No need for you to come.
Ethan- Do you need anything?
Rose- No Ethan. Goodnight. I love you.
Ethan- I love you too baby.

And we ended the call. Doctor Amanda recommended George speaking to me before he falls asleep and then she left. We both stayed quiet I will not pressure him to speak to me.

"Rose..."he said. "Yes George?" I asked. "I heard what you told me." he said, and I stayed quiet. "I did it because of Nicole, the children at my school and you Rose." he said.

I looked at him directly into his eyes, but still, I did not say anything I want him to speak to me.

*****************

Anyone have a clue to why Rose and Nicole are his reason to why he ended up in hospital?

Comment
Vote
-P.R. A😘