CHAPTER 23

ROSE'S P.O.V

"Rose..."he said. "Yes George?" I asked. "I heard what you told me." he said, and I stayed quiet. "I did it because of Nicole, the children at my school and you Rose." he said.

I looked at him directly into his eyes, but still, I did not say anything I want him to speak to me.

"The students at my school, they bully me, and they even threatened me that if I told anyone they would kill me... (and he starts to cry) I was scared Rose. I did not want to die so I stayed quiet. I did not tell any teacher or adult about it. I am not that strong boy Rose, they told me that no one loved me and that I should die, and no one cared. Not you, not mom, dad, Uncle Bryan even Nicole. Rose at first, I refused to believe them but then I started believing them." he said sniffling, I took hold of his hand while he spoke.

"That's what happened at school. The Second Reason was you and Nicole. You and Nicole have been at war ever since the day I had met you Rose, and I do not want my sister's fighting. I love both of you but having to see the fights I could not manage it. I cannot stand the fact I have two sisters but that two sister's font like each other and they have hatred. Please Rose please talk to Nicole and learn to love her like you love me. I hate fighting." he said crying.

All this time I did not know Nicole and myself was the reason. Then his getting abused and bullied at school. I got up, wiped his tears, and hugged him.

"I am so sorry George I didn't even realize that that is how we made you feel and that you were getting bullied. Why didn't you say sooner George?" I said looking at him. "It was impossible Rose. It is not easy coming to you and telling you that you are the reason I tried dying.... I mean you have been through so much with your father, your husband...."he said. "George regardless I don't mind if it comes to you. I love you because you are my only brother, and I always wanted a brother promise me you won't do it again." I begged him. "I promise Rose." he said.

The door came in.

"I'm sorry to disturb you but it's time for his rest." the nurse said. "No, it's okay I know he needs to rest." I said getting up. "You not leaving, are you?" he asked. "No George I'm going to sit on the couch because it is more comfortable than sleeping on a chair." I said.
"Okay. Goodnight Rose." He spoke. "Goodnight George." I said kissing his forehead.

Not long after I sat on the couch George fell asleep. I took my phone and phoned Nicole.

"Hello." she said. "Hey Nicole, it's Rose." I spoke. "I know lol your number is saved in my phone." she said laughing. "Right. Are you busy right now?" I asked. "No why do you need me to come down?" she asked.

"No, no. Is Ethan asleep?" I asked. "Oh yeah mom said he must get rest because he wanted to come down, but she said no, and then he went to George's room cleaned the floor and also took all the suicidal things out of his room." she said. (I got up from the couch and went out. Before I left the room, I check he was okay then left.)

"Nicole there's something we need to speak about?" I spoke. "If it's about George I'm coming down, okay?" she said. "Come alone please." I spoke. "Okay see you in a few." she said and hung up.

I sat outside on the chair but felt very nauseous and a resident walked pass me with a nurse on the side.

"Ma'am are you okay? You look a bit pale?" she (nurse) asked. "I'm okay just a little worried but I'm okay thank you." I spoke.

Just than Nicole arrived after they had left me to be.

"Hey Rose." she said sitting next to me. "Hey." I spoke. "How is he?" she asked. "He is okay. He woke up but then he spoke to me about what we must speak about and then the nurse came in and said he needs to get sleep. Oh, also that was just before I called you." I spoke. "Okay so what is it that you must tell me?" she asked.

"George....uhm.... George...he did it because of us..." I said not looking at her. "What do... what do you mean?" she asked. "Whatever George did was because of how we have treated each other, and we didn't realize that how we treated each other affected him so he tried to kill himself.... He also confessed to being bullied at school that caused him to become even more depressed. Nicole the way we treat each other is not easy for him. We must stop. He knows both of us loves him, but he wants us to at least get to know each other before over every bit of pieces. Look Nicole I don't know what made you hate me, but I am sorry and if it means we have to set our differences aside for George I am willing to do it." I spoke.

"I never knew... That we were the cause. He never said anything..." she said crying.

I pulled her closer to me and hugged her.

"Hey, I know that you feel responsible but what happened, happened and we lucky he made it because he is still so young, but we can fix it right? For his sake?" I asked and she pulled away. "Yes, but not only for his sake. But for ours as well. Rose, I do not know why I hated you. I just envied you so much that I started hating you. I am sorry." she said.

"It's fine really. There wasn't necessary for you to hate me I wasn't even attractive." I spoke. "And who you trying to convince?" she asked.

**************

Please comment!
Vote!

-P.R. A😘