CHAPTER 1

ROSE'S P.O.V

So, I am ROSE WILLIAMS I live with my father MATHEW WILLIAMS, my mom left me when I was a baby around the age of three and well, she never returned, so I have no clue what her personality is like or any memories of her not that I care anyway. She is the one that left me to fend to my abusive father.... That is right my father abused me since I turned five. I am 18 years old and work as a house cleaner in a mansion. My father, however, is a gardener at this mansion. My biggest wish is to graduate but my dad stopped my school career when I turned sixteen.

I was so concentrated on working when I came across Mr Ethan Andrews picture. He is so freaking hot, but I know he would never be mine even if it is a desire you could say. I mean is it even legal to look this hot?

I did not realise I stared so long at his picture until I heard Madam Lee- Ann speaking behind me.

"Don't think you'll get a chance with him honey." Madam Lee-Ann said. "I wasn't thinking about anything." I said." Oh honey, I work here long enough to know when someone likes Sir Andrew. Get to work before Sir Michael gets back." she said. "Yes Madam." I said and walked away.

I went to the library, and I started cleaning the shelves. As I was cleaning, I started singing a song from ARIANA GRANDE -Just a little bit of your heart.

"You have a lovely voice." Someone said, I turned around and saw Sir Michael sitting on a chair reading a newspaper. "Sorry sir, I didn't know you were here in the library." I said about to leave. "Hey, you don't need to leave, I give you permission to stay and continue with what you were doing, I don't have a problem with you being here." he said.

So, I continue to clean and finish. There is one main rule in this mansion: if you are cleaning and your employer is around and you are in the same room, you need to leave first. I continued working till eight and then I went home. My father was still awake.

"Good evening, Rose, what took you so long to get home?" he asked, taking a sip of his beer. Did I mention my dad is an alcoholic? "Dad, I take two buses home and you expect me to be home early?" I questioned him suspiciously. "Sorry, I didn't mean it like that." he said, coming near me and smelling like beer. I scrunched up my nose because of the disgusting smell. "It's okay dad." I said not to try to upset him. "I'm going to bed, there's food in the oven for you" he said and went to bed. "Goodnight dad" I said knowing he did not hear me.

THE NEXT DAY

I went back to the mansion to work. Sir Michael was by the breakfast table having his breakfast.

"Good morning, Sir." I spoke. "Good morning, Rose," he said. I read the morning newspaper to him. "Thank you Rose." He spoke. "Pleasure sir." I spoke. "Lee-Ann can you clean Sir Ethan's room please, he's due to come home today after his graduation." Sir Michael said. "I would love to, sir, but I have other chores and duties to do, but since Rose is not that busy today can't she do it?" Lee-Ann suggested. "She may if she doesn't mind." Sir Michael said. "Right, I don't think she would, right Rose?" Lee-Ann said. "Uhm. Yeah sure." I spoke. Later that Day. "Rose, can you take this to Ethan's room, change  his sheets and bedding, then put the clean ones on and bring the dirty ones down." Lee-Ann said. "Yes Madam." I said and left for Ethan's room.

It did not take me long to do what needed to be done, then I went down to the servant's court to see if Brooklyn was done with her work. We sat by the pool and started talking when Madam Lee-Ann spoke harshly at Brooklyn.

Brooklyn Meyer is my only friend. I met her the first day I started working in the mansion. We instantly clicked and she was the one to show me the ropes about the work. She is my very first best friend. Ever since I started doing home schooling, I lost contact with friends though I cannot call them my friends. They were embarrassed to be seen with me. Reasoning why Brooklyn is my first real friend and my only best friend.

"Brooklyn what are you doing here, go finish off your chores and don't delay your work, Rose, Sir Michael has summoned you." she said and left.

Everyone was afraid of Madam Lee-Ann, so I said bye to Brooklyn and went to see Sir Michael.

"Sir, you summoned me." I said stepping into the kitchen where Sir Michael and Sir Ethan had their conversations. Oh, My Heart! He's actually here!

"Yes, I would like to know how many buses you take to get here and back home," he said. "I take two, but in total four a day Sir." I answered keeping my eyes on the floor.

-------------------------------------------------------------