Chapter 7

A/N: Hehehehe... I'm backkkkkk!!! Yay!!! The greatest joy of my life right now is writing on wattpad. I love it!

By the way, '3rd' means completely 3rd person POV.

On and one more thing, all the words of the other languages that are not English was found on Google Translate. :))

I can speak two languages and a little dialect and Japanese, but I'm not a polyglot. :))

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Keefe

Keefe sucked in a breath. Not now. Now wasn't the time.

"I... Gotta go," he mumbled to Sophie.

Sophie apparently wasn't very alert, because she nodded, and twisted out of his grasp, rubbing her eyes.

Everyone knew that if you suddenly asked to leave a really sensitive and important scenario, you would be suspicious.

But it wasn't her fault. The poor girl just dealt with a major blow.

"Thank you," she croaked her voice scratchy.

"I'll be in my room if you need anything," Keefe told her.

Sophie nodded.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"FINALLY!" Came Lady Gisela's annoyed voice from the imparter. It was paired with an extreme eye roll. "Found anything important?"

Keefe gave her a side eye. "Patient much?"

Lady Gisela glared at him. "Excuse me for being impatient, but you've been utterly useless lately. Been no help at all. Just like your trash of a father."

The words hit Keefe like a punch to the gut. But he sighed dramatically and said with an added sarcasm, "What can I say? I take after both my parents. No help like Dad, but useless like you."

Gisela's glare could have withered trees. "Did you like the gift I gave you?" She said, effectively changing the subject.

Keefe felt his stomach clench. "What do you mean?"

"Agent Kenric's death."

He swallowed a lump in his throat. "You sent Fintan again, didn't you?"

Gisela's eyes glinted. "Of course I did."

"Why?"

"Listen, Son," she hissed. "The miserable little spy was getting too close to discovering one of our little secrets. So obviously he had to go."

Keefe clenched his jaw. "You know I've never approved of us killing."

He inwardly cringed at the word 'us' he'd used.

Not for long, he reminded himself.

"Brutality is a must if you want control," Gisela said coldly. "Find out more about the Black Swan and maybe I'll teach you a few moves."

She clicked off.

Keefe grit his teeth. Sometimes, he really didn't understand how he was related to his parents.

His dad was stuck up, snobby and completely imaculate, sucking up to his superiors. But then he was dumb. His wife and son were the practical rulers of an illegal rebellion and he had absolutely no idea.

His mom on the other hand, also stuck up, but cruel and selfish.

When Keefe looked in the mirror, he saw his dad's jawline and his mom's eyes.