Chapter 10

A/N: Yes! Back again! How's life, everyone?

Mine's pretty dull. :)) (so far... just wait till I start ranting and panicking about my exams in May... *cringe* I haven't started on my revision, eek!!)

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sophie

Swing. Duck. Lunge.

Sophie's mind went on autopilot when she was fighting. She stuck out the blade of her sword.

Feint. Flip. Block.

Sophie enjoyed it when she met a worthy opponent. It helped her stretch her potential and learn new fighting techniques. She'd never lost a fight in frontal combat since she was 8. She wasn't going to lose now. She couldn't.

Slash. Kick. Spin.

Her sword slipped out of her grip. "What the- "

Sophie felt the cool metal blade of a sword press against her neck. She straightened, breathing heavily. Great, just great.

She cursed under her breath in Italian.

Keefe smirked. "Having fun, Soph?"

Sophie glared at him. "Kindly shut up before something happens to your throat."

"Told you I fight better than you."

She glanced at a digital clock in the training arena. "More like a little better, but a whole lot more closely matched."

They'd been fighting for half an hour straight, and neither had defeated the other till Sophie lost her sword.

"Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night," he chuckled.

She gave him a look as she retrieved her sword. Only to feel an arm around her shoulders.

"Stop trying to redeem yourself with kisses," she complained, as Keefe kissed her forehead. Then her cheek. Then her nose. Then her lips.

"Why stop, when it works?" he smirked again.

Half of Sophie wanted to smack him. The other half wondered how on earth he could be so handsome, childish and talented at the same time.

He raised an eyebrow. "Enjoying the view, Foster?"

She turned away, blushing furiously.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be training?" Biana asked as she barged into the training arena, the rest of the Cygnets behind her.

"We did," Sophie told them, taking a drink from her water bottle. She tipped her chin towards the clock. "Sword fighting for thirty minutes straight. New record, huh?"

"Are you sure you were sword fighting, and not like... " Biana made innocent kissing noises.

Sophie threw her uncapped water bottle at her.

Biana ducked in time. But she still got drenched.

"Sophie!" She protested.

"Yes?" Sophie asked sweetly as she wiped away her sweat using a towel.

"Stupid idea to try to tease me when I'm holding something, really," she chuckled.

Biana huffed. "Let's train, come on."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

As it turned out, their training that day was archery.

Which Sophie loathed.

Because she sucked at it.

But 'suck' meant she was still better than most people.