Chapter 14

A/N: Me sitting right there, hoping you don't hate me too brutally after the previous chapter. :))

That's the thing, I like cliffhangers...

BUT ONLY WHEN I'M THE ONE WHO WRITES IT.

Shannon's cliffhangers are the worsssttttt. *cries*

By the way, sorry if Sophie's crying scenes aren't enough and it seems like she recovered to quickly... I don't know how to write such scenes, hehehe. 

The hotel information is completely fake, I don't know how such things work, so yeah.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sophie

"Don't cry," Jolie whispered softly, gently rubbing circles into her sister's back. "Don't cry."

Though it wasn't like Sophie hadn't already cried.

Even if she still felt like crying, she'd tortured her tear ducts enough that she thought they'd never forgive her.

And she'd run out of tears.

Agent Forkle squatted down in front of her. 

Sophie was exhausted. From crying. From heartbreak. I love you, he'd said. 

She believed he did. Heck, she was pleading to the gods that he still did. 

She breathed a shuddering breath. She was still leaning on the wall, and hadn't gotten up from her position in at least an hour. 

Then Jolie had found her, managed to dig out what had happened, then alerted Agent Forkle. 

He gripped her shoulder. "Tell me again, in detail, what happened."

Jolie whirled to him. "Does she look like she's in any condition to repeat exactly what she just said?" She hissed.

"I need to get the situation clear," he insisted. "We need to protect her from future harm."

"Do you really think Keefe will harm her? Have you even- "

"I meant, emotional harm."

Jolie stayed silent. "If you can trust Brant," she said quietly. "Why can't you trust him?"

Agent Forkle tore a frantic hand through his hair. 

If Sophie weren't utterly devastated, she would have thought it was ridiculously funny. 

"Because," he said cautiously. "The boy is the Neverseen's heir."

Sophie's jaw clenched. "I know that," she spoke.

"I would have expected my best spy to know better than to trust him so easily."

"And I would have expected you to be more reasonable," she snapped.

To his credit, Forkle didn't flinch. "I realise that you and... Mr Sencen... Have a really deep... attachment to each other. But you must realise that he's the son of our enemy."

"The Neverseen is not all bad," she defended. "Just look at Brant. And Keefe hates his mother."

"Blood runs thicker than water," was all he answered.

Suddenly, Sophie's tear ducts forgave her and threatened to work again. But she didn't let them work.

"Believe what you want," she said quietly, but not weakly.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

She spent the rest of the day in her room, endlessly sharpening and polishing all her exactly 69 weapons.