Chapter 17

A/N: I'm not gonna insert the name poll here, just showing the new entires:

Female

Kimberly Cammila - keefesencencrush2008

Edit on 5 July 2021: The name poll is officially closed, people!! I'm not accepting any more name entries, and I'm not counting any more votes, so sorry and thank you!!
(I'm copying and pasting the same thing over the rest of the chapters, so yeah.)

Note: There'll be a small part of the battle from every one of the Cygnet's perspectives.

They might be a little OOC, if so, then really sorry too...

This chapter is mostly the Cygnets' thoughts... Mostly filler too... It's a little longer 'cause I added in some stuff in all their perspectives, don't mind me.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Keefe

Keefe panicked when their transport let them off near the Black Swan's Headquarters.

How had his mother found out where it was?

Either, she'd seen the expression on his face, or he'd accidentally spouted the question, because she turned to him and said, "You didn't think I'm stupid, did you? I rigged your imparter before I sent you on the mission to infiltrate the Black Swan. It tracked your location to here.

"And Brant betraying us for a second time, whilst I suspected he was sending notes as the Black Swan's informant, just proved all the more where their base is."

She exited the car.

Keefe made to do the same, but he was stopped by her using a dagger to lift his face to hers.

"You're staying, my son," the leader of the Neverseen said coldly. "I know you better than anyone does, and I know for a fact that you'll swap sides the minute you step on that battlefield.

"I would have killed you for that betrayal alone, if not for the fact that you're too powerful a bargaining chip to get rid of. You're staying here under lock and key until we return victorious."

She threw a piece of cloth at him.

A Neverseen armband.

He should have known to be less obvious on not wearing it.

Should have been smarter at least in that aspect.

Keefe knew it was useless to try the door, even as their driver left.

The Black Swan was doomed.

The only hope he had was that at least the Cygnets, and the Collective could possibly be assured a swift death instead of a lengthy torture and interrogation.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Biana

Biana couldn't run fast enough into the Black Swan's base.

As soon as she gave her duty post to one of her juniors, she sprinted into the building.

It was chaos.

Total chaos.

The only explanation she could give for why the Neverseen knew where they were stationed, was Keefe.

She'd never once suspected that he would betray them.

Even after he went back, and left Sophie in ruins, she still believed that he'd loved Sophie.