Chapter 20

A/N: Can you imagine?? I'm nearing one of the last chapters in TSIY... :))

Tysm to those of y'all who stuck with me throughout this journey, I swear, you guys are AWESOMEEEEEEEE!!

On to the story (to those of you who ship Tiana more than you ship Sokeefe, you'll be glad to know that I crammed some Tiana in here... I didn't feel good leaving them out, y'know??). :))

~

Biana

The scar on Biana's face was here to stay. Not that she really cared. Nope, she wasn't as vain as most people probably thought she was. 

In fact, she'd taken one look at herself in the mirror, and started smirking. Not that she knew why.

It ran from an inch from her right eye, down to about half an inch from her lip. There was no way to hide it, except occasionally sweeping her hair in front of her eyes. Yikes, that'd be creepy.

Her parents and brother had freaked out that she might freak out, but she didn't really care. Apart from the fact that the blood loss set her on a week of bed rest. 

Well, fine. If she was to be perfectly honest, she didn't exactly care about her face as much as she would care about his opinions of her. 

Had Tam visited while she was unconscious? She knew a lot of people had come, and from her delirious state, she hadn't known who they were. The only conclusion she'd arrived at was that Sophie definitely hadn't come.

Well duh. 

Sophie was probably one of the most severely wounded among them, and had been out for a few days. 

Yup, that was all she'd gathered. 

And as Biana leaned back onto her pillows, her room once again near silent, she closed her eyes with her forearm across her eyes. 

Someone knocked on her door, triggered a half hearted, "Come in," from her.

A familiar silver banged spy poked his head into the room.

She squeaked, blurting, "I thought you were Fitz."

"But see, Fitz isn't nearly as interesting or good looking as I am," Tam teased, flashing a rare smile.

Hold on, smile? From Tam? Alright, she was officially hallucinating.

"Are you okay?" She quickly asked, if not to break the awkward silence. Her eyes flicked to his ankle, which was surprisingly bandage free.

Physic did wonders sometimes.

"Yeah. You?" His gaze swept across her, then lingered on her face, that scar marring the side of it.

She winced as subtly as possible. Half from his expression, and half from the fact that he remained at the door that was on the other side of the room.

"I'm fine," she lied. Her pride definitely wasn't fine.

With practically no sound at all, he crossed over to her bedside and sat down, leaning towards her. "You know that this," he tentatively reached out and traced her scar. "Does nothing to your beauty, right??"

She bit her lip and looked away.

Tam stiffened. Almost imperceptibly, but she caught it.

They'd been partners in many ways, many missions. Stealth being both their strong suits, they were often placed together to sneak into buildings or estates to spy and eavesdrop on whoever they were supposed to track.