3| The Date

Published on 14th February 2021.
__________________________

It's valentine.
Thank God schools and colleges are closed. Otherwise, I had to face all those Laila-Majnu and their crazy cheesy sweetness.

Leave my rants.

Happy Reading.....

– S H R U T I –

"Akriti, have you seen my earrings?" I shouted on my highest pitch. She usually mess up my things with her's. "Akriti!"

"What are you doing? Keep your voice low. I was just putting Adit to bed." She came into my room and said.

"At this time?"

"I was at work and he was waiting for me the whole day, to play with me. And now, he was sleep deprived."

"Ohh... Have you seen my oxidised earrings?" I asked and she directed towards the drawers. Opening the drawer, I saw my earrings and sighed in relief. "You know, they're so expensive."

"Expensive?"

"I mean, in comparison with other artificial earrings."

"Well, how are you feeling? You're going on a date..."

"As if I've never went on one. Don't you remember my blind dates set up by papa and mumma?"

"But this one is different. You never had a future with them. As for Rishabh, you would be marrying him. It's not a blind date but a romantic one." She said and I rolled my eyes.

All the other dates I had were actually different than the one I was going to have this time. Tonight, I need to use all my ethics and etiquettes.

Setting my hairs, I checked for any creases on my kurti.

Hearing sound of a horn, I walked out in the balcony and saw his car. Just when I turned back to go out, I collided with someone, hardly.

But the thing is, no one in my family has this hard muscles. It seemed as if I collided with a wall.

"You're alright?" I heard a deep voice and I knew who it belonged to. I looked up and saw him looking at me with concern. I nodded and he sighed. "I thought to give you a surprise. Never thought that it would turn out like this."

"I need to use the washroom." I said and he excused the way. Running towards my bathroom, I saw Akriti looking at me amusingly. "Aside." I said and closed the door of bathroom from inside.

Leaning on the bathroom door, I took a deep breathe.

I could still feel the moment we collided. So foreign, yet so amazing. I could still feel the sparks.

"Shruti!" Akriti shouted my name while banging the door. "Are you going to make your man wait?"

My man?

Is he?

I opened the door and came out in the living room, where I saw him laughing with everyone.

I've seen him laughing, only with his friends.

And the way he was playing with Adit, it took my heart away.

Heart?

So easily?

No.....

"Shruti, what took you so long? He was waiting for you." Mumma said, pulling me out of my dreams. My gaze went towards him, and strangely, he too was looking me.