12| Nauseated Night

Published on 16th March 2021.
_________________________

Vote, comment, share and follow...
Happy reading!

– S H R U T I –

"Do you remember that senior of ours?" Aditi asked.

"Which one are you exactly talking about?" I asked.

"Sahil Arora, the University heartthrob from journalism department."

"The one who was three years elder to us?" I asked and she nodded. "So, what do you want to talk about him?"

"I went on a double blind date yesterday, where I met him. And guess what? He was interested too!" She grinned and I nodded.

No wonder Parth's mood was on toll today!

He was acting all moody and grumpy!

We both know what a big fan-girl she was, of Sahil! Yet, they never had a future together. How can they, when their personalities were miles apart?

Fan-girling was other thing and being in a relationship was other.

Even though she liked him, but I never found him good enough for her. He's just too mysterious! But then, it's her life to do what she wants.

"Shruti, can you pass this to your friend?" Parth asked while directing towards Aditi. To my friend? Isn't she his friend too?

"Sure." I said and gave the file to Aditi.

I guess it's another stage in their love story.

They're just too wierd for me to understand!

"Can you pass that to me?" Rishabh asked and directed towards the dessert. I took the bowl and passed it to him. As my dinner was about to be over, I took my kheer and ate it.

As soon as the milk tasted my tongue, I felt nauseous and drank a glass of water. Sometimes, milk make me feel like that! It's just intolerable.

I took a spoon of it and slipped it in my mouth. As everything was alright this time, I finished eating it. I stood up to keep my plates in sink and felt a different taste running through my taste-buds.

I ran towards our room to wash my mouth and felt ma calling my name.

Vomiting all the food I ate, I washed my mouth and walked out where I saw everyone sitting worried. "Shruti, is everything fine?" Ma asked and I nodded.

"Yes, I'm fine."

"But you vomited."

"Hmm... I think it's due to some di-"

"You're pregnant!" Mom shouted and I saw Rishabh choking on his drink.

Pregnant?

Out of all the possibilities, pregnancy?

"Ma, I'm-"