28| His Secret

Published on 14th July 2021.
_________________________

Vote, comment, share and follow...
Happy reading!

For those who are into Mafia and want to find one for themselves— Real life Mafia are too dangerous. They are not your too-hot-to-resist men. Beware! You're warned!

Caught in the moment, not even thinkin' twice
Everything's frozen, nothing but you and I
Can't stop my heart from beating
Why do I love this feeling?

– S H R U T I –

"I need mangoes." Radhika said with a straight face. Her husband pressed his eyes with force and sighed.

"Babe, it's November, not May. If you want, I can go and bring the ones available in the market." Ansh justified and she shook her head in negative.

"I want seasonal mangoes. Nothing else."

"Radhika, what is this behaviour? How can we get seasonal mangoes at this time? It's not a good way to be stubborn." Ma said and Ansh nodded. I was sitting on the adjacent chair and was checking a few documents.

I bet everyone was having a hard time dealing with Radhika!

"For your kind information, I'm your only daughter-"

She was cut off by Ansh in the middle, "And, my only wife." She smacked his arm and he muttered sorry.

Running my gaze back to the sheets, I checked the words clearly. It was evening and I was extremely tired after chatting continuosly with Radhika for entire sunday. Sitting in the verandah, everyone was having an evening tea.

"It's not me who wants it. It's the baby in my stomach who's craving for mangoes." Radhika stated while jutting her lips out and I smiled. Such a drama queen she has become! It was normal for me to see this today as I had already experienced everything through the phase of Akriti.

Pregnancy is scary!

"What about mango candies?" I asked, in hope to solve her problem and she shook her head in negative. "Mango flavoured yogurt?" I asked and she again nodded in negative. "Ice-cream?" As the words left my mouth, her eyes lit up.

"No way!" Ansh shouted and glared at me.

I think that wasn't a good idea.

"Ice-cream is done. Let's go out." Radhika grinned and stood up. She wore her slippers and was ready to head out. When no one stood up from their seat, she shrugged her shoulders. "Let's go."

"No, Radhika. You're not going to have ice-cream. It's harmful in this weather." Ansh said and she narrowed her eyes at him. I guess I made a wrong move!

Rishabh walked out of the house and sat on the chair adjacent to me. All this time, he was busy completing his designs. Poor him! "What's going on?" He leaned towards my side and asked.

"Radhika wants to have mangoes. And, I suggested for mango ice-cream. Now, she's adamant on the second option. That's the fight all about." I said and he nodded.

"That was not a good thing to do, you know." He said and I nodded while humming. "What do we have for dinner tonight?"

"It's not the time for dinner. You're hungry?"

"Nope. Just asking." He said and I nodded.

As the dinner approached after three hours, we settled in the dining room and started eating. I widened my eyes when I saw Radhika gulping down a big bite of her food. I think pregnancy turns you crazy too!