36| Scarfs And Night Walks

Published on 30th September 2021.
_______________________________

Last day of the month!

50K reads!!
Thanks a lot.

Go and shower your comments.

Vote, share and follow...
Happy reading!

And I wanna get drunk with you
When we lie so still, but you're taking me places
Holding me onto you
And we don't care who's watching us, baby

– S H R U T I –

As the alarm rang, I opened my eyes and yawned— the result of a good sleep. A relaxing sleep is the only thing I live for. Okay, I take my words back. There are many more things valuable to me.

I leaned up and saw Rishabh's lip tugged up in a smile. Waving my hands infront of his face, I waited and when he didn't budge, I sighed. He was still sleeping!

Switching the alarm off, I lied back on the mattress and closed my eyes. "Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday to me. Happy Birthday-"

Wait!

It's Rishabh's birthday too.

I backed my hands off his chest and removed his leg which was over mine. Without disturbing his sleep, I walked to the bathroom and sat on the toilet.

I still couldn't believe that he woke up in the midnight, just to surprise me. I guess, it would've been better if I wasn't drowning in half-sleep when he did everything. I wanted to visit Mauritius from a long time, and God knows how he came to know about it.

Taking a warm bath —which was absolutely necessary on the first day of December— I changed into formals and walked out. I stepped towards the mirror and brushed my hairs while calling him out. "Rishabh! It's seven thirty. Get up."

I heard him groaning as I applied lip color on my lips. I again called his name, but this time louder. "I'm up. Good morning."

"Good morning. Go and have a bath. Ma would be waiting for us." I spoke while applying vermilion in my partition. I huffed when my gaze went towards a strand of hairs which was flowing away from rest of it's companions. Oh God! That's the reason I hate dressing up.

"What happened?"

"Nothing. You won't understand." I sighed in frustration and opened my hairs to start from the beginning.

"I can, if you tell me."

"Grow your hairs, tie them up, wear this mangalsutra and these bangles all through the day, apply makeup as a newly-wed bride should, and you'll now what I mean to say." I said and he opened his mouth to say something, but stopped abruptly.

"Okay. Do you need my help?"

"No. I'll manage it. By the time, go and get ready. Ma would be waiting for us." He nodded and I turned towards the mirror to concentrate on my hairs. Making myself presentable, I walked out and saw ma and papa bustling around the house. As she saw me, she sighed and walked towards me.

"Where is Rishi?"

"He's bathing."

"It's getting late for puja. This child won't ever be early!" She complained and I frowned. Child? Only if she knew that her child knows a lot of things a kid won't ever do and is notorious as anything! "Go and call him. I can't trust him with time." She told me and walked away for the preparations of puja.